variety feeding

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Ashleigh

Post by Ashleigh » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:22 am

palaeodave wrote:I have a hard time imagining smallish fish eating crickets. Would love to see a video of that some time.

Is there not any concern over the amount of salt going into their diet with all that sea food that they would never get in the wild?

You can get baby crickets, they are much softer and appear eaiser to eat-Il be getting some this weekend if they are in stock, Il post up a vid. The rainbows are very into their live foods-meal worms and wax worms are another favourite.

I did list a lot of seafood above, they would only get one/two portions per week-they prefer mosquite larvae and earth worms ect more so, their diet is also composed of a lot of dried foods in the morning, and veg late at night-more so when this was mentioned a few months back. Problems arise when one/two particular food sources are relied upon and theres no variety.

Il upload that vid soon as I get it, its quite entertaining to watch
:D

Ashleigh

namal kamalgoda

Post by namal kamalgoda » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:57 pm

many thanks.

The reason I asked , In Sri Lanka most of the fish food we get are from china or someplace like that and I don't trust what is on the label, so I prefer to feed my loaches natural food when ever I can. And u are right beef liver is as close as we get.

thanks again