Sick Loach

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Ellsie Smith

Sick Loach

Post by Ellsie Smith » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:20 am

My loach has been in my tank for about 9 years. He is a terrific fish! But over the last few weeks I have noticed him getting very thin. There are no spots or slime or discoloration, he's just thin. He has a healthy appetite and behavior has not changed. The other fish in the tank are fine. Does anyone have an idea about what could be wrong?

need help
Ellsie

lunasmile

Post by lunasmile » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:41 am

well, I think that it could be the skinny disease, the clown loaches are very likely to have them, you have to act know otherwise it is gonna died, sorry to say it that way, but i had the same problem before, in the stores they sale maracin I and maracin II, you should use them both, it worked for me. also see in more info here...http://www.geocities.com/pktechlizard/skinny.htm

good luck... victoria.

merryn

Post by merryn » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:11 pm

were can you get maracin?

lunasmile

Post by lunasmile » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:35 pm

hey, the name is maracyn I and II and they sale it in any pet store, just follow the intructions and you would not damage the filter or anything.it would be goo if you have a hospital tank , but if you do not have one , just do it in your regular tank.. good luck again.