just a few pics from Emma & Steve's shop.

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Ashleigh

Post by Ashleigh » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:56 am

Those eos are on the wishlist for 2010 now... they get me everytime Im at Emmas.... I will break in the end :lol:

Oh Mick, cheers for all the Corydora-they all made it back fine and have settled in very nicely 8)

I think I may owe you a pint... or two... or three :wink:

Ashleigh

mickthefish

Post by mickthefish » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:01 am

HAHA, i'll be watching you like a hawk Ashleigh, told you the cory's would be fine, glad your pleased with them.

the eos are smart looking fish, but i've seen first hand what a b*****d they can be, so for me they can stay away from my tanks. :lol:

mick

odyssey

Post by odyssey » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:15 am

Hi soul-hugger.
soul-hugger wrote:Are the fins really green?
The delicate hue of the photograph changes by a spectrum of the illumination light and the white balance setting of the camera.
I use almost no electronic flash of a camera.
The electronic flash photography in case of is often different from the color judged by a naked eye.
A fluorescent light of a tank and Sunlight and LED light and HID light are used.
When the kind of illumination is changed, the color of the appearance also changes.

Hi LES..
You use a single-lens reflex camera, but I have only a compact camera.
A single-lens reflex camera wins the resolution feeling and the contrast as expected.

Photography in the water is done by scuba diving, so I can't get away from the compact camera.
Unfortunately the waterproof case for single-lens reflex cameras is too expensive for me.
The camera I use at present is PowerShot G10 of Canon.

Hi helen.
Furthermore, I add around 2 pictures.
Possibly this Gastro may come to be imported constantly in future.

I am not used to English. Therefore,It is likely to sometimes misunderstand it.

helen nightingale

Post by helen nightingale » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:31 pm

:D thanks odyssey, stunning as normal

dlenn

Post by dlenn » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:55 am

WOW :shock: Oddessy, Stunning pictures. Makes me - (read us) want to get more of those. It's certainly a very cute and pretty fish!

LES..

Post by LES.. » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:28 pm

odyssey wrote:Hi LES..
You use a single-lens reflex camera, but I have only a compact camera.
A single-lens reflex camera wins the resolution feeling and the contrast as expected.
I use a Nikon D80 that i am still trying to get the best out of after several years (-: most of the time when i am taking pictures of fish i use a 105mm macro lens which has a mix of strengths and weaknesses.
Obviously there is a huge strength in focusing distance and resolution with such a lens however i find that the depth of field almost too shallow for fish. In order to combat that i have to shoot at quite small apertures resulting in very underexposed shots (just wait until i get some slave flash units!) i find that i have to process the images a lot to get the best out of them.
The other problem is distortion from the glass of the tank, any shifts out of plane with the tank glass causes real problems, a large sensor and long focal length lens makes this much worse. This makes framing the perfect shot a real challenge as you can't just pan to track a fish. The reduced sensor size found in most compact cameras reduce this effect, i certainly found it much easier to take pictures with my old Nikon Coolpix 5000.
odyssey wrote:Photography in the water is done by scuba diving, so I can't get away from the compact camera.
Unfortunately the waterproof case for single-lens reflex cameras is too expensive for me.
The camera I use at present is PowerShot G10 of Canon.
I can completely relate to that! For diving i got myself a Canon A85 and waterproof case for less than a quarter of what just a case for my SLR would cost. I definitely subscribe to the opinion that the only camera that matters is the one you have with you (-:

If you are interested i have some pictures from a trip to the Maldives available online:
http://share.ovi.com/channel/Dienyddio-share.scuba