New loaches

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

mickthefish

Post by mickthefish » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:22 pm

Mark, the almorhae i got on friday has just started coming out of hiding, it's slightly larger than yours but thats got fairly unusual patterns in the body, i've just checked to see if i have any half decent pics to show but i have'nt uploaded of the camera yet, so as soon as i'll show you see what you think. :wink:

mick
never take people at face value.

Northern Monkey

Hey is that?

Post by Northern Monkey » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:41 pm

Hey Mark is there a little man doing a headstand on your Yoyo?
Look between his head and dorsal :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cool . Worth more than I charged ... DAM !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep your powder dry !

mickthefish

Post by mickthefish » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:35 pm

just put them on PB mate, what ya think all.

mick
never take people at face value.

Mad Duff

Re: Hey is that?

Post by Mad Duff » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:36 pm

Northern Monkey wrote:Hey Mark is there a little man doing a headstand on your Yoyo?
Look between his head and dorsal :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cool . Worth more than I charged ... DAM !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hadnt noticed it Neil but yes youre right :lol:

Lovely fish Mick :)

Pardon my honesty - I am a Northerner

14 loach species bred, which will be next?

Rubix

Post by Rubix » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:13 am

Well I don't believe it but my LFS just got another surprise shipment of kubotai, this batch the fish are slightly bigger than the previous batch which I got in on. I guess I'll be bringing some more home this week 8)
It was interesting, and I've never seen this before, but the kubs were greyed out on the bottom half of their bodies only. Typically when theyre at the LFS they will be completely greyed out if at all. They almost look like oversized sids half greyed out, but they are definitely some prime kubs :)

Mad Duff

Post by Mad Duff » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:30 am

Rubix wrote:They almost look like oversized sids half greyed out, but they are definitely some prime kubs :)
Its interesting that you should say that because Kamphol mentioned the other day that occasionally some big sid/nigrolineata are caught with kubotai and some of these can reach 4"

We need pics please :D

Rubix

Post by Rubix » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:03 pm

Well pics you will get because I just got back from the store and picked up the largest two. There is no doubt in my mind they are kubotai, but I am interested in this greying as I've never seen kubs do it. I was also surprised (and pleased) to notice today that the store now carries Boesemani Rainbows, I've been after these for some time. I assume the area of $13 per fish is normal for Boesemanis? They just bumped the kubotai price up a dollar on me, they're now $11 :x . Oh well sometimes you've got to pay to play and pay to feed your addiction (hey at least the addiction is only fish)... tomorrow is payday so perhaps this weekend I will go back and buy some more, there were six left. 8)

Rubix

Post by Rubix » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:06 pm

It's interesting, as soon as I got these fish home they stopped the greying out of half their body - they look like kubs again :) I mean even before they hit my water. They resumed normality either during the ride home between my legs or during the acclimation process. So, while I'd spoken of some pics of them greying out, I have none; although in the first and third pictures you can somewhat see what I mean - they had not fully stopped yet. So here are a few pictures of them being acclimated to the Q tank, you can see some of my other kubs too as they check each other out.
Quick disclaimer - please excuse the dirty glass, I was not intending on taking pictures this particular day plus it's only the Q tank :P

Note the size differences.

And with that, we can get back on the original program. Sorry for the thread steal Duff.

Mad Duff

Post by Mad Duff » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:22 pm

No probs mate, lovely kub's :D