Kubotais and others in MD

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Sharkscott2

Kubotais and others in MD

Post by Sharkscott2 » Sat May 16, 2009 8:11 am

If you're in the Maryland/DC area you're probably familar with Scales fish store. Yesterday I went there with my brother to find some fish for his new tank and to my surprise and dismay found out that they're going out of business. Everything was 50% off.

Most of what was there was pretty standard fare. But they did have some GREAT looking Kubotai loaches. Originally marked at $19.99 each I picked up 2 for $21.19 including tax. They still had 8-10 left I just don't have room for them. I've had 4 Kubs for over a year now and I feed them pretty well, and several of these loaches at Scales were bigger then mine, I wouldn't say they were showing a belly but they were broad bodied and long.

They also had 2 or 3 Yoyos which looked too skinny for my taste and some Zebra botias which didn't look great at least 2/3 of them were too skinny and one had its face chewed off. There were a couple good looking ones. The Zebras were marked in the $6-8 range so $3-4 ea with the going out of sale deal. There were of course also some larger clowns which looked in good condition. I don't remember the price on them.

I'm just hoping someone picks up those Kubs, it would be a shame if they had to send them back to the distributor.