Pics - Almorhae / Clowns

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

BotiaMaximus

Pics - Almorhae / Clowns

Post by BotiaMaximus » Wed May 20, 2009 6:21 pm

Another try at the camera again. Getting better with the settings. These pics are of my "pup" tank a Bio-Cube 30 with Tiny Almorhae and Clowns - 2" or less. They all seem to be doing very well.

Thanks for Looking!
"Long May You Loach"

helen nightingale

Post by helen nightingale » Wed May 20, 2009 8:11 pm

they are looking good. right show offs :D (i am sure they are pretending to be shows off :roll: )

BotiaMaximus

Post by BotiaMaximus » Wed May 20, 2009 8:23 pm

Thank you Helen.

They will pretend to be anything you want if they think some vittles will come of it. 8)
"Long May You Loach"

Mad Duff

Post by Mad Duff » Thu May 21, 2009 2:50 am

Lovely, they are all nice and chunky :)

Pardon my honesty - I am a Northerner

14 loach species bred, which will be next?

andyroo

Post by andyroo » Thu May 21, 2009 8:11 am

The wee spot/bubble btwn the #1 and #2 black stripes, @ lateral line just behind gills. That's the one in question (in another post) ?
I must try a small tank set-up.... this looks great.
"I can eat 50 eggs !"

BotiaMaximus

Post by BotiaMaximus » Thu May 21, 2009 8:20 am

Mad Duff wrote:Lovely, they are all nice and chunky :)
Thanks MD!

They'd all be more than happy to take chunky to the next level. Hungry little buggers for sure!
"Long May You Loach"

BotiaMaximus

Post by BotiaMaximus » Thu May 21, 2009 8:26 am

andyroo wrote:The wee spot/bubble btwn the #1 and #2 black stripes, @ lateral line just behind gills. That's the one in question (in another post) ?
I must try a small tank set-up.... this looks great.
Andyroo - that little spot looks the same as what you were describing in your post??? That is my fattest one in that tank, I really hadn't noticed it as something I would call a bubble. He acts and eats normal - I will give it a closer look.

Thanks!
"Long May You Loach"

andyroo

Post by andyroo » Thu May 21, 2009 8:36 am

mine seems a little smaller then that one, certainly a little skinnier, and the "bubble" is a good deal more distinct/bigger. Mine's also eating very well and putting on a lot of girth, if not length as well. I'm crossing my fingers that it's either nothing serious/out of the ordinary or something that good husbandry can grow her through.
"I can eat 50 eggs !"

BotiaMaximus

Post by BotiaMaximus » Thu May 21, 2009 9:03 am

andyroo wrote:mine seems a little smaller then that one, certainly a little skinnier, and the "bubble" is a good deal more distinct/bigger. Mine's also eating very well and putting on a lot of girth, if not length as well. I'm crossing my fingers that it's either nothing serious/out of the ordinary or something that good husbandry can grow her through.
A few of these were skinnies that I took a chance on, they are all showing improvement. I can sort of see a slight raised area like you describe, not sure if it is something to be too concerned with. Doubt there is anything we could do about it from the link I read on your posting. All mine are gaining weight and looking better.

Lets hope for the the best and keep them filled with the high quality foods.

Let me know if you discover anything new on the condition.

Thanks Again!!
"Long May You Loach"

andyroo

Post by andyroo » Thu May 21, 2009 9:50 am

I bought the only one on-island to build up a school over the summer... but all i've seen since (one and one) have had the same little dimple/bubble problem(?).
I'm loath to spend 30 bucks a-pop on tiny clowns if they're already done-fore, so this little one will have to dither with non-clowns until i can safely say that this is not a terminal situation. The list suggests 2-3 months. Meanwhile the search for non-bubbled continues.
Fingers crossed, yes, and i'll keep you posted.
A
"I can eat 50 eggs !"

FishyLady

Post by FishyLady » Thu May 21, 2009 1:21 pm

Oh these are lovely pics, really nice and clear, must be a good camera you have!! I wonder how much these fish eat in the wild? would they grow bigger faster if we fed them twice as much??

Val

BotiaMaximus

Post by BotiaMaximus » Thu May 21, 2009 1:38 pm

FishyLady wrote:Oh these are lovely pics, really nice and clear, must be a good camera you have!! I wonder how much these fish eat in the wild? would they grow bigger faster if we fed them twice as much??

Val
Don't you dare think about doubling up on the food Val!:evil: Your "babies" will try anything to trick you into thinking they are starving. A little goes a long way, and it is good to send them off to their cave without dinner once a week too.

Remember - Wild loaches get a 100% water change every 10 seconds - they are capable of eating more without poisoning themselves.
"Long May You Loach"

FishyLady

Post by FishyLady » Thu May 21, 2009 1:52 pm

BotiaMaximus wrote:
and it is good to send them off to their cave without dinner once a week too.
.[/quote]

Oooooh, you are cruel!!!!! :twisted:

Val
Last edited by FishyLady on Thu May 21, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BotiaMaximus

Post by BotiaMaximus » Thu May 21, 2009 1:53 pm

We call it "Tough Love" on this side of the pond. :wink:
"Long May You Loach"