Clowns eat shrimp???

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

FishyLady

Post by FishyLady » Fri May 29, 2009 1:11 pm

helen nightingale wrote: i have always kept my loaches with harlequin rasboras too with no problems

How are the harlequins with the extra water movement?

Val

helen nightingale

Post by helen nightingale » Fri May 29, 2009 9:09 pm

not a problem. they come from habitats that vary from relatively still to relatively fast moving water, although nothing like the flows hillstream loaches need.

allialli

Post by allialli » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Ghost Shrimp and Blood Worms are their favorite foods of all. Your shrimp probaly lasted 2 seconds with the loaches.

vealboy

Post by vealboy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:38 pm

allialli wrote:Ghost Shrimp and Blood Worms are their favorite foods of all. Your shrimp probaly lasted 2 seconds with the loaches.
ROFL...so true. If I had known at the time that the shrimp would have been eaten, I would have put them in one at a time, and watched the loaches have a meal. But I know better now :D

All the fish I have LOVE the freeze dried blood worms I give them. I did get a little worried today as the fish were eating the bloodworms as they hit the floated on the water. One of the Clowns was surfacing for a mouth full of worms, and almost got one of the neons today....will have to keep an eye on that. Maybe it is a coincidence...maybe not