Hendra

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Mark in Vancouver

Hendra

Post by Mark in Vancouver » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:10 am

If you are in South Kalimantan, I can guarantee you that the photos you might share with us would be treated with complete reverence. I think I can speak for all loach keepers around the world by saying that any photos at all - even bad ones - of the loach collection sites, of collecting trips, of the villages!, of anything at all there - would be a gift.

I can't wait until my time comes and I can travel throughout Indonesia, but particularly Kalimantan and the rest of Borneo. Please - and this is wholly sincere - use the Coppermine site at your leisure and post some photos of the place. It helps us loach enthusiasts in a very abstract way.

Me particularly.
Your vantage point determines what you can see.

Hendra

Post by Hendra » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:16 am

Actually I don't have much pictures of the colecting site, usually only 2 or 3 pics of the stream or river. But I will upload them soon.

Next time I will try to get more pictures of the site and the surrounding if I make some field trip.

Perhaps you already knew, there is some very nice site about nature exploration, have nice pics about loach habitat:

Michael Lo, Sarawak, Malaysia, made many trips with nice pics of the habitat.
[url]ttp://www.ibanorum.netfirms.com/[/url]

Nonn and friends, Thailand, many trips with high quality pix
http://www.siamensis.org/home/

Zhou Hang, based in China but he made a large travel in south east asia and south China
http://www.ikanpemburu.com/html/field.htm