Discolored Clowns?

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

vealboy

Discolored Clowns?

Post by vealboy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:17 pm

I know that Clowns will on occasion 'gray out', but I have noticed that the coloring on my clowns is just slightly faded. Can this be an indication of poor health? :?

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:16 pm

Greying out is usually normal. I've seen them grey out on one side of my tank when the light is on, then turn dark immediately after swimming to the other side of the tank where the lights are off. Lighting, mood, activity, and stress plays a role in their color.

If they are turning pale and looking bloated, then something isn't right though.

vealboy

Post by vealboy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:22 pm

chefkeith wrote:Greying out is usually normal. I've seen them grey out on one side of my tank when the light is on, then turn dark immediately after swimming to the other side of the tank where the lights are off. Lighting, mood, activity, and stress plays a role in their color.

If they are turning pale and looking bloated, then something isn't right though.
Well no bloating...so that's good. OK I do have the lights on so maybe that's all that it is. Unfortunately I did lose the smallest clown I had. It did not weather the cloudy tank issue I had last week. That clown was silver with black stripes yesterday and he was dead today. So of course I was concerned.

Thanks Chef.

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:33 pm

Sorry to hear it.