FIRST successful video footage of my loaches!!!!!!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

raecarrow

FIRST successful video footage of my loaches!!!!!!

Post by raecarrow » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:59 am

Hey Everyone,

I have always lamented the fact that my loaches are only REALLY active at night and that the video quality of my BlackBerry Bold is piss poor with the tank lights on.

So tonight has been a great night (or morning depending on how you look at it, as it is almost 3am). I managed to take a minute long video of my loaches and get ALL 4 species of loaches I have in my main tank in it!!!! I took the video with my BB camera. In the video are my two biggest B.Almorhae (chasing each other about), one of my P.Oblonga (or as I like to call them, my pudgy pangios) my lone B.Kubotai (hiding in the rock cave) and my lone B.Striata (Happily kicking up tank dirt for the camera). NOTE: I am searching for buddies for my Striata and Kub but I have had no luck finding friends for them that were not either half dead or eaten hollow with skinny disease (or sharing a tank with such a loach).

In case anyone is wondering, YES I have both PVC pipe and china saucers in my tank (I have only 8 tea cups and 12 saucers due to the fact that the china set was in my trunk when I got in a car accident, I figured I should make use of them).

ENJOY!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHI79pNG8O4
Rae

Keith Wolcott

Post by Keith Wolcott » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:09 am

Very nice!

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:38 am

Neat video. Is the light part of the camera? I wish my camera worked that well in the darkness. And that was really with a Blackberry Bold? Very creative in using the saucers.

raecarrow

Post by raecarrow » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:38 am

Yes, the light is part of the camera. I recently discovered that I can turn it on using options! And yes, I really took that vid with my Bold. Apparently it takes better video than it does pictures. Thanks for the decor comment :) I wanted to give my loaches a place to hide but I still wanted to look at them so i leaned the saucers in the corners of my tank.
Rae

FishyLady

Post by FishyLady » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:14 pm

Excellent!! LOVE the PVC pipe corners. :D

Val
Better the chaos of creativity than the tidiness of idleness.

Joe Khul

Post by Joe Khul » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:11 am

Very excellent video! Thanks for sharing!
Kuhli Loaches are like Pringles... you can't have just one!