chromobotia macranthus - origin infos in a german magazine

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

ch.koenig

chromobotia macranthus - origin infos in a german magazine

Post by ch.koenig » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:08 pm

hi all
just found the infos about the new "amazonas-magazin" juli/august with an interesting report obout the origin of chromobotia macranthus in the trade and about mouth-breeding bettas of malaysia.
http://www.amazonas-magazin.de/Aktuelle ... 895.0.html
cheers charles

Northern Monkey

Amazonas

Post by Northern Monkey » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Hi From the Un-Banned :wink: , It is a brilliant magazine compared with the rubbish that is offered in England .
I am a good friend of the editor and they are trying very hard to get it published in English language , Its down to the advertising .
I cant wait , PFK and the like are so far behind with the info/articles and full of advertisements not interesting articles.
Keep your powder dry !

mickthefish

Post by mickthefish » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:39 pm

totally agree mate.

mick
never take people at face value.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:42 pm

I agree with you both too but what exactly is stopping them getting it published in English? Do you mean they need advertisers to cover costs Neil?

ch.koenig

Post by ch.koenig » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:04 am

it is exellent. I have got the actual issue from farid, can't read it at the moment (eyes op) but the pictures (caridina woltereckae "harlekin", danionella dracula, puntius padamya, shrimps from lake Inlé, rasbora puciperforata, c. macranthus, some loaches, aphyosemion, species from laos, : glyptothorax sp., scisitura ephelis, schistura sp., sinogastromyzon cf rugocauda, etc), hemiloricaria teffeana, badis khwae, bettas, xiphophorus montezuma!, , toxotes blythii, y. spledida, etc. in an exellent qualitiy. 79 pages out of 92 text and pictures, that's very good too.
cheers charles

Northern Monkey

Amazonas

Post by Northern Monkey » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:11 pm

Hi, The problem is that the magazine advertisments are at the moment for German products and buisnesses,
If the magazine is published in another language the magazine will loose the revenue from the German (small)Buisnesses,
This has to be replaced but this means international advertisers ..
Now that means large companies ie Ehiem,Hagen,Tetra etc..
These have to be attracted to the magazine (I think a few already are)
Then the magazine has to be marketed in the new places .
The last time I spoke with Hans (Editor/Amazonas) there was an American company getting involved .
I will call him this week and see if there is any up to date news .
Keep your powder dry !

BotiaMaximus

Post by BotiaMaximus » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:28 pm

Looks like a first rate publication, would love to see an English version in the states.

An option is National/Regional printings which could let the local advertisers remain and add large international ones as well. License a UK version and arrange with a printer in the UK to publish that version, the articles remain the same, just translated, international advertisers go in all versions at an international rate and local advertisers can run ads in their National or Regional version at a local rate.

I've done many publications this way on a state by state basis here in the US. You have National Ads that are common for all versions, National ads that change by state to list local distributors, and Mom and Pop ads for the local guys. Takes some planning in the page layout phase, but dramatically increases profits.
"Long May You Loach"