DIY Filters

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

HSTurning

Post by HSTurning » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Thanks for the replies.
I look at this as a good size project that will take years to complete. I plan on starting out with a 150-180, what ever size I can get a good price once for a used one. I have an FX5 that is new and ready for when I get the tank after we move. As tanks are found and money allows I will be adding addtional tanks. All will be water bridged and I plan on having a 300 gallon in the middle of the room. This will be the only tank I plan on buying new. I want to figure out the central filter system first and have it ready when the second tank is ready to be added.
I have a friend that worked in then owned a pet store for over 20 year and has a pretty good idea how to set it all up. Its just the filter I want to make sure about before I get to deep into this. I want to have all the in/out pipes turn at a 90 to get the water below tank level to avoid the power outage backflow/overflow problem. I would prefer to use drilled tanks to help with this.
I know pool or pond pumps will be needed for what I have in mind. Who know what I will end up with in the end this is all a dream at this point.
We are going to start looking for a house in the nex couple months. Always nice to have a fiancee that is supportive with a hobby and she is the first to mention a new house on the market with a basement that would allow a large fist room.
I need more tanks, more more more