homaloptera confuzona and bilineata

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

ch.koenig

homaloptera confuzona and bilineata

Post by ch.koenig » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:33 pm

hi all
just saw homaloptera confuzona and bilineata on my favorite stocklist ... and made a reservation.
has anyone experiences with these species? do they fit together or should they be held separately?
cheers charles

Mad Duff

Post by Mad Duff » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:02 pm

I would think they should be fine together Charles, I have confuzona, orthogoniata and tweedei together and they get on very well with each other and the Gastros that are in with them.

I originally housed my Homaloptera with my Sewellia but that was soon realised to be a bad idea as the Sewellia were hammering the Homaloptera constantly.

We want pic's of the bilineata when you get them :D

Pardon my honesty - I am a Northerner

14 loach species bred, which will be next?

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:14 pm

I would think that since they are both part of the Orthogoniata Complex, they should get along fine.
I agree, we need pics of the bilineata. I don't think many on this site have even seen them, let alone kept them.

ch.koenig

Post by ch.koenig » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:17 pm

of course, but I doubt to make it better than Emma. saw pictures on photobucket. just great.
cheers charles

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:00 am

Hi Charles,

i'm also sure they will fit fine together. A few years ago I've kept H. confuzona and H. zollingeri in the same tank, no problems.

Thomas

piggy4

Post by piggy4 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:23 pm

I was at Pier Aquatics about a week ago and I think there was a tank of H. bilineata there ? perhaps Niel could verify .

ch.koenig

Post by ch.koenig » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:06 am

hi piggy4
have a good look. the specimen in our countries came in in a very bad shape. that's the moment when a good communication of the selller before sending is important. so there won't be surprises.
thanks thomas. have you seen the stocklist? "Indischer steinbeisser"?
cheers charles

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:28 am

ch.koenig wrote: thanks thomas. have you seen the stocklist? "Indischer steinbeisser"?
cheers charles
of course, of course. :) And postet it in our german loach forum. For myself I don't need any more, I've eleven of them. From the same source.

piggy4

Post by piggy4 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Hi Ch.koenig, the fish were sent to Pier Aquatics by Kamphol ,also Niel who owns Pier is a very good keeper and most reliable :!:

In fairness they are living creature's but I've never had reason to question Niels husbandry skills .

The fish were about 2 inch and looked good , obviously if travelling any distance a phone call wouldnt hurt .

ch.koenig

Post by ch.koenig » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:06 pm

thomas I just read the paper about balitorids in central thailand. confuzona is noted with a slighly higher statistic ocurrence in warmer temp. (average 26.4° in dry season). how did you keep them?
hi piggy4
that's fine. think we're going to enjoy.
cheers charles