Massivore Delite

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Pilze

Massivore Delite

Post by Pilze » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:08 am

How many pellets do you feed and how many loaches do you have?
300gal: 15 Clowns, 5 Kubotai, 4 Peacock Eel, 1 Red Tailed Black Shark, 6 Tiger Barbs, 9 Rasbora heteramorpha
29g Planted: Yearling Eastern Painted Turtle

29g and 75g: For Sale

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:46 pm

41 Clowns of various sizes.

morning- about 200 small pellets = 1 teaspoon of Omega One Cichlid (floating)

afternoon- 1 teaspoon of a homemade pellet mix. It's got Omega One Veggie Kelp, FGP Small Cichlid Growth Formula (sinking), FGP Cichlid Growth Formula (floating), and FGP Catfish/Pleco Formula.

night- 1 or 2 cocktail shrimp or other frozen seafood.

a few times per weeks- fresh veggie's

FGP is a seller from Aquabid.
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/ ... uppiesplus

http://store.fastcommerce.com/flguppies ... a4f-c.html

For the last few weeks, I've also been trying to get some growth from the smaller clowns, so I've been feeding them all F.G.P. De-Worm Flake (Fenbendazole) also. I'm not sure if it's helping or not, but they're eating it.

Pilze

Post by Pilze » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:49 pm

I like the concept of pre-medicated food. I have a bunch of small loaches that I would like to bulk up.

Do you have a version of your nitrate calculator that I could download?
300gal: 15 Clowns, 5 Kubotai, 4 Peacock Eel, 1 Red Tailed Black Shark, 6 Tiger Barbs, 9 Rasbora heteramorpha
29g Planted: Yearling Eastern Painted Turtle

29g and 75g: For Sale

vealboy

Post by vealboy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:45 pm

:shock: Chef, that is a lot of loaches!!!

I have 4 Clowns, all juvenilles varying in size from 2-4 inches. They share their tank space and food with some other voracious fish, (2 gold gourami, 2 SA cichlids, 1 common pleco and 6 red eye tetra, and 4 neon tetra) so I am not sure exactly how much the Clowns eat. I do like to serve a variety of foods (all prepared) and I feed 2 or three times daily.

I should probably measure food...but I don't. I also like to take one or two days off of feeding per week, just as long as they are not consecutive days.

millsn

Clown food order from FGP

Post by millsn » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:18 am

HI Chef,
I saw your note above and thought I might get some medicated flake too. Shipping costs to the UK are quite high, I can move 3lb for a certain cost.

Would you be able to recommend the foods your clowns seem to make the most of from FGP? I can then order some up and see how mine like it too.

Many thanks for your help.