Some new behaviour I have not yet wittnessed

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

onebto

Some new behaviour I have not yet wittnessed

Post by onebto » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:46 am

Interesting behaviour I noticed on one of my Clown Loaches last night. The particular Clown in mention is called Winston he is one of 2 3inch Loaches and the largest I have, in all I have 8 Clown Loaches.

Yesterday morning I done my monthly major tank clean with a 75% water change as usual I also change the decour around slightly, I find the Clown Loaches love it! Any way's I notice along with the usual excitement at feeding time that Winston's top fin (dorsal I believe its called) is stood up absolutely vertical at the front? usually clown loaches top fin slants back at about 45 degrees but last night it was completely up at 90 Degrees and this morning it was back to normal.

No fighting no greying out of any of the Clowns as if they were having a spat to decide the latest pecking order, this I have observed quite a few times before, neither is Winston spending any more attention to the others than usual. There is no sign of sickness I am not concerned just fascinated at this behaviour as I had never observed it before.

Typical by the time I grabbed the camera they had shot of back into there cave's but if I see it again I will try and capture it

Regards onebto

Rychek

Post by Rychek » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:51 pm

Interesting behavior. Hopefully you can get a pic. Good luck.
"If no one makes you do it, it counts a fun" --Hobbes the Tiger

"No trees were harmed in the writing of this message, however, several electrons were GREATLY inconvenienced." --Anonymous

onebto

Post by onebto » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:38 pm

He is not doing it tonight typical aye but I have put my camera close to the tank and will get a video if i can. Anyone else witness this or have a clue what its all about ?