125 in progress

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

glenna

125 in progress

Post by glenna » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:54 pm

Well, these are not EXCITING photos, except to me!
The first image is the "before the disaster" photo (recall tank disaster 2010 #1!)
the next ones are my solution to the "Water all over the floor and ruining the carpet" problem

They are delivering the the new stand tomorrow (which is upposed to fit in the tile tray and will do so if they gave me accurate measurements). They will then install the tank that has been in the garage since the last attempt. It is so frustrating since I know how to do it, but do not have the strength. Plus, I have not figured out how to clone myself so that I can get an extra set of hands.
wish me luck!

glenna

Katy

Post by Katy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:59 pm

YEAH!!!!

That looks great!!!! I am very impressed!

And I love the driftwood you had in the first tank. The new tank is going to be so lovely, and Larry will be one happy loach!

:D

glenna

Post by glenna » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:56 pm

Thanks!
very excited about it and will not believe that the new tank is in, until I SEE it in my living room.
I am not very good at photos, but hope to take some more as I go along with this process and maybe they will be more exciting than these!
glenna

Keith Wolcott

Post by Keith Wolcott » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:52 pm

Very impressive! With that tile and drain, you will never have a soaked floor again.

bigpow

brilliant!

Post by bigpow » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:15 pm

Just brilliant!

I've seen some amazing setups, but yours take it to another level.
Care to share the filtration, heater, etc? I've a feeling that's another great setup.

Katy

Post by Katy » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:23 am

I love that huge piece of driftwood. Where did you find it????

glenna

driftwood

Post by glenna » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:33 pm

the big piece to the R is actually TWO pieces, tied together, to look like one big piece. One of the guys at my "not so local" fish store turned me on to the idea that it is all an illusion in the tank.... and that you can make a BIG piece if you can disguise some smaller pieces to fit together,...yes, I know this is not rocket science thinking, but I appreciated him pointing this out!!! Actually, they have been a GREAT resource (FishWorld in Raleigh, if you ever move to the area...they are knowledgeable, nice people, and have nice healthy fish and plants. IF you need something , they will order it.)

I ordered plants and was supposed to go get them, but then we had this gigantic ice and snow storm so I have been stuck in all day. Maybe tomorrow????

Sadie and I took a walk but it was all ice and wind and she had nothing to sniff or pee on( ahh, the life of a dog - she is one of those girl dogs that lifts her leg, and thinks she is a boy dog!) Today, she was just a very cold dog!!!
glenna

glenna

driftwood

Post by glenna » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:35 pm

the big piece to the R is actually TWO pieces, tied together, to look like one big piece. One of the guys at my "not so local" fish store turned me on to the idea that it is all an illusion in the tank.... and that you can make a BIG piece if you can disguise some smaller pieces to fit together,...yes, I know this is not rocket science thinking, but I appreciated him pointing this out!!! Actually, they have been a GREAT resource (FishWorld in Raleigh, if you ever move to the area...they are knowledgeable, nice people, and have nice healthy fish and plants. IF you need something , they will order it.)

I ordered plants and was supposed to go get them, but then we had this gigantic ice and snow storm so I have been stuck in all day. Maybe tomorrow????

Sadie and I took a walk but it was all ice and wind and she had nothing to sniff or pee on( ahh, the life of a dog - she is one of those girl dogs that lifts her leg, and thinks she is a boy dog!) Today, she was just a very cold dog!!!
glenna

NancyD

Post by NancyD » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:53 pm

I have drain envy glenna! Very nice!

glenna

tank update - some pictures with PLANTS!!!

Post by glenna » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:27 pm

here are some recent photos!
sorry for the dirty glass, and horrible photography skills. Actually, this is a big step for me, just successfully getting photos to appear!!!
I know it is a little sparse right now and my Windelov tress looks like it has been through Katrina, but I have high hopes it will fill out!

glenna

Ravenmoon

Post by Ravenmoon » Fri May 07, 2010 8:31 pm

Very nice!

janma

Post by janma » Sat May 08, 2010 12:22 am

Wow :shock:
-Janne

Katy

Post by Katy » Sat May 08, 2010 9:05 pm

Update?

glenna

Post by glenna » Sun May 09, 2010 11:05 pm

okay, so here is an update of my tank!
I have been a little bit embarrassed, as I am having these algae problems and STILL am horrible at photographing my tank. I tried "flash on" and "flash off" hoping to get rid of that big glare when the flash goes off, but then the pictures have a lime green hue to them.
No matter, I will try and take better ones later, but this is what I have so far.
I tried to do java moss on the logs, but it all turned to green goo. I am using hornwort right now, but hope to get some java moss to grow eventually.
I hope these pics aren't too bad.

glenna

Keith Wolcott

Post by Keith Wolcott » Mon May 10, 2010 8:32 am

It's looking good Glenna! Your B. rainbows look nice and you have a lot of plants established.