Loach recommendation - Zebra or Yoyo loach or Other?

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

jenricae

Loach recommendation - Zebra or Yoyo loach or Other?

Post by jenricae » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:06 pm

I'm looking for a loach recommendation. I have a 36g bowfront planted tank with lots of driftwood and rocks and hiding spots and small gravel (almost sand-like). I'd like to put in a fun loach with character.

I've had Yoyo and Zebra loaches recommended (min. of 3). I like the size of the Zebra loach but read that they can be fin nippers. I'm planning on having a centerpiece fish and was wondering if they would be a bad match for a fish with fancy fins.

What would you recommend?

PS: Sorry but I'm not interested in keeping Kuhlis right now. I know that some of you out there love these guys.

Heligrin

Post by Heligrin » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 pm

Dwarf loaches are nice considering the size of your tank. Youll need about 5, but they harder to find/more expensive.

Graeme McKellar

Post by Graeme McKellar » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:12 am

Hi Jenricae, As Heligren said Sid's would be a good choice but I would get a school of 12 or so as I think they are better in larger groups.
I can also recommend Botia Kubotai or Rostrata as I have found mine to be quite peacefull and they do not hassle other fish.
Cheers Graeme.
"I want to speak with many things and I will not leave this planet without knowing what I came to find, without solving this affair, and people are not enough. I have to go much farther and I have to go much closer." - Pablo Neruda.