gorgeous loach on ebay

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

palaeodave

gorgeous loach on ebay

Post by palaeodave » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:49 am

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:52 am

Yes! These are the lovely Botia Kubotai

E-bay selling fish now! :roll:

Will68FRench

Post by Will68FRench » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:09 am

Superb is botia Image, which its Latin name because I do not know it?

Edit : I found http://www.loaches.com/species_pages/bo ... anmar.html

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:51 am

Graeme Robson wrote:E-bay selling fish now! :roll:
It's disgraceful, particularly those sending them through the post (as opposed to pick-up only). :evil:
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

Desi

Post by Desi » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:18 pm

I've seen other live fish on there here in the U.S. also mostly Koi though.

palaeodave

Post by palaeodave » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:02 am

I agree that ebay really isn't the place to be selling fish (perhaps with the exception of people selling their tank with fish included for pick up only). However: "The fishes well being is our first priority, we will not take any risks when dispatching them which is why we ask for you to be there on the delivery day.

Packaging of our fish includes heat packing (if needed), RO water (salts and minerals added back) and the addition of a bag buddy to reduce stress on the fish in transit. Strong polystyrene box & bubble wrap."

How is that any different to these fish getting sent half way round the world? Surely the journey is quicker from this seller than from fish sellers abroad coming over here? Or is there something different in the way they are transported?

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:56 am

Oxygen would be the first thing that springs to mind. Not many private sellers are likely to have access to an oxygen cylinder.
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

Fishhead

Post by Fishhead » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:23 am

To be honest, after dealing with some of the "Reputable" dealers out there, and recieving bags of half dead fish, emaciated fish, diseased fish, etc.. Ebay doesn't really surprise me..

Disappointing, true. I used to work with a guy who every time he got a bad rating when he sold something on Ebay, he would make a new ID so that he appeared to never have had a bad rating applied to him.

Let's have some fun with the description, shall we?

BOTIA KUBOTAI FOR SALE;

Be the proud owner of this remarkable fish. We guarantee that you will be able to still see the distinctive markings of this wonderful fish through the beautiful ich cysts (Look behind his flared gills) when he arrives at your domicile. Your botia will be packed in the finest plastic grocery bags (double bagged, of course) which my father's drunken cousin will blow up personally. Since it's been so hot, we will line the box with a Hefty bag and pack the box with ice prior to my sister in law's, brother's, great nephew driving it to your house after he gets the ok to leave the state from his parole officer.

Fishhead