DARK SPOTS ON CLOWN LOACHES

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

zrostratum

DARK SPOTS ON CLOWN LOACHES

Post by zrostratum » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:33 am

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH CLOWN LOACHES WITH DARK GREY SPOTS ALL OVER THEIR BODIES ( I HAVE 2 LIKE THIS). THEY ARE NOT RAISED OR ANYTHING. THEY ARE ON NEWLY IMPORTED 6" LOACHES. THEY LOOK EXACTLY LIKE THE MIDSECTION SPOT THAT IS ON THE DEAD SPECIMEN IN THE BREEDING SECTION OF THIS WEBPAGE ( WHERE THE AUTHOR DISSECTED IT AND FOUND EGGS). THE SHOPKEEPER TOLD ME THAT HE HAS SEEN THIS BEFORE WHEN LG. LOACHES ARE SHIPPED, THEY FIGHT OR WHATEVER, AND THESE SPOTS ARE JUST SMALL BRUISES THAT WILL GO AWAY. I BOUGHT THEM JUST THE SAME BECAUSE IT IS SO HARD TO GET LG LOACHES, AND THEY WERE ACTING FINE. THEY ARE IN MY QUARANTINE TANK NOW, AND ARE EATING FROZEN BLOODWORMS AND BEHAVING NORMALLY. I HAVE NEVER SEEN COLORATION LIKE THIS IN 45 YEARS OF FISH KEEPING...BUT THEM AGAIN , I MUST SAY THAT I'VE NOT SEEN MANY CLOWN LOACHES OF THIS SIZE. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED:roll: [color=orange][/color]

newshound

Post by newshound » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:05 pm

DON'T TYPE ALL IN CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!
and hit the return button to break things up visually.

o ya use the search feature of this forum.
drain your pool!

Marcos Mataratzis

Post by Marcos Mataratzis » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:44 am

Hello zrostratum,

We would apreciate to see some images...

Wellcome to LOL!
My 450L Loaches tank
31 clown, 5 morleti, 2 sidthimunki

zrostratum

Post by zrostratum » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:56 pm

Thank you Marcos for the greeting! I don't know how to post photos on this forum yet, (would need some help from anyone on that ) but I saw your fantastic tank on you tube, and the poster molorlinus next after your had some Clown loaches with the spots that I was referring to, except mine have 20-30 spots each. Is this just coloration? It seems like it is. What were you feeding your fish in the video. I feed mine zucchini, frozen bloodworms, mysis, and pellets. etc.
Thanks![color=orange][/color][/img]

JonasBygdemo

Post by JonasBygdemo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:03 pm

zrostratum wrote:Thank you Marcos for the greeting! I don't know how to post photos on this forum yet, (would need some help from anyone on that ) but I saw your fantastic tank on you tube, and the poster molorlinus next after your had some Clown loaches with the spots that I was referring to, except mine have 20-30 spots each. Is this just coloration? It seems like it is. What were you feeding your fish in the video. I feed mine zucchini, frozen bloodworms, mysis, and pellets. etc.
Thanks![/img]
Upload a pic on some online uploading-site (such as photobucket), get the link to the pic, and put IMG-tags around it.

An example of what I mean (the site is fictional, as well as the name of the pic ;) ). Remove the spaces between the tags and the actual link.

Marcos Mataratzis

Post by Marcos Mataratzis » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:09 pm

I would expect to see the photos before trying to guess what is it.
I feed my Loaches with crisps, sticks, live brine shrimp (on the video), live enchitreus albidus and bloodworms.
My 450L Loaches tank
31 clown, 5 morleti, 2 sidthimunki

zrostratum

Post by zrostratum » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Thank you JonasBygdemo I will attempt that. Can you tell me also how to insert an emoticon ? When I click on one, all I get is the written code. What is the price for a small Clown Loach in Sweden? In the USA they are about $12. in season.

Thanks again

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi zrostratum,
This old thread may be of interest to you: h[url]ttp://forums.loaches.com/viewtopic.php?t=2148[/url]
Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

JonasBygdemo

Post by JonasBygdemo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:49 am

zrostratum wrote:Thank you JonasBygdemo I will attempt that. Can you tell me also how to insert an emoticon ? When I click on one, all I get is the written code. What is the price for a small Clown Loach in Sweden? In the USA they are about $12. in season.

Thanks again
You're welcome! When you wright the message, you just get a code. When you post the message you should see the icon. If not, you may have disabled emoticons in your profile.

They are about the same, maybe slighty lower. Depends on where you shop and when. We bought two clowns recently, and they were 75sek/~$10 each.