gidday all.

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

anthonyl

gidday all.

Post by anthonyl » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:09 am

Hello everyone,
I wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself to you all !
My names Anthony and im from the sunny central coast of Australia.
i have a 4 foot tropical tank, fluval 305 filter and a ?? heater unit?? looking after :
7 kuhli loaches
3 mollys (female)
1 molly (male)
1 sailfin molly (male)
2 golden panchax (pair)

my water details :
200 Lt tank
pH 7.4
ammonia 0
Nitrate 0.nothing
Nitrite 0.nothing

One live plant at the moment , the rest are fakes (till i can get time to get more)
just about to put a stocking over the intake for the filter so i dont have to keep rescuing my kuhli's....

just want to say ...... hello everyone.

OH .... how many Kuhli's are too many for a 200 lt / 50 gallon tank ?

Anthony

clint

Post by clint » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:16 am

I don't know the answer for sure, but Kuhlis don't contribute much to the bio load of a tank. I'd say you could house a dozen easy, the more you have the more you'll see them out. Which kuhlis do you have, black or the stripped ones?

I have both kinds in my 90g and its my experience that you'll see more of the black (Oblonga) vs. the stripped (Pangio). The black ones seem less shy and more visible in the tank. I see the oblongas out and about throughout the day, but only 4 of my 11 pangios come out on a regular basis. I'm sure at night they do, but they hide mostly during the day. Just an observation, if you want to see your kuhlis give them good hiding spots and think about getting the black variety.

JonasBygdemo

Post by JonasBygdemo » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:22 pm

Hello, and welcome Anthony! As Clint said, they won't contribute much to the bio-load of the tank, so you could have a lot of them.

anthonyl

Post by anthonyl » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:11 pm

awesome ... tah guys. they are the pangios.. 3 of them are a good solid colour.... however... the rest are strange.. below the lateral line they are pink. not rubbed, not attacked just pink !
have you guys heard of this ?
Anthony

anthonyl

Post by anthonyl » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:43 pm

see if this works.... this is my tank prior to removing and replacing all the plants with real ones [/url]
ok

and here are 3 of my babies

ill try and get some of the "pink"

Big boy

anthonyl

Post by anthonyl » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:14 am

Are they 3 different species ?

waterfaller1

Post by waterfaller1 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:49 am

Welcome Anthony.
Very nice. 8) I believe there are just different patterns, and no two are exactly alike. You will need to show some nitrates to keep live plants long term.
Keep Smiling :>)~ Carole