R.I.P. Marge

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Ardillakilla

Post by Ardillakilla » Sat May 01, 2010 8:10 pm

Consider having her freeze dried by a taxidermist rather than buried.

BotiaMaximus

Post by BotiaMaximus » Sun May 02, 2010 3:50 pm

So sorry and sad about the news of Marge passing Em. She was a famous girl indeed and it was a google search that led me to Marge and in turn this website. Obviously I owe quite a bit to her for bringing me back into the hobby properly and introducing me to so many well educated and enthusiastic fishkeepers.

She will never be forgotten and of course will always hold a special place in my heart.

The beautiful tank you have set up for Marge and her shoal is going to be the starting point for setting up the new 6 ft 125 gallon I have just brought home. I will be going back through these pages scouring for ideas and inspiration.

My deepest condolences Emma on the loss felt round the world. :cry:
"Long May You Loach"

Ashleigh

Post by Ashleigh » Mon May 03, 2010 11:03 am

Sorry to hear Em

Ash

FISHNUTS

Post by FISHNUTS » Mon May 03, 2010 9:24 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss Emma.

sl

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Tue May 04, 2010 11:21 pm

Oh Emma that was so sad to hear.Thank you for telling me. I loved my visit with Marge.

All hail the Queen , in the garden turned to green. Butterflies will dance on the flowers and Marge will bloom again from the past .

This is like the Day the Music Died for loach keepers......... :cry:

salva

Post by salva » Wed May 05, 2010 1:46 pm

Hello Emma,

I'm sorry for this lost, Marge was for me the nicest loach I have ever seen.

I hope you continue sharing with us the rest of your beautiful botias.

Thank you.

Salva

Barracuda518

Post by Barracuda518 » Wed May 05, 2010 6:10 pm

Emma,

I am very sorry to hear about Marge. I remember when I first started coming to this website and seeing all the awesome pictures of your loaches, especially Marge, it made me want to keep loaches. Like a lot of people have stated, you gave her the best home any loach could expect.

Jason

topline

Post by topline » Thu May 06, 2010 7:39 am

Just logged on after a long break to see this post.... devastating. Hearfelt sympathy Emma

dlenn

R.I.P. Marge

Post by dlenn » Sat May 08, 2010 8:14 pm

Hey Emma,

LES.. told me about your sad news last week. :cry:

Sorry to hear about Marge. She was _the_ Queen Clown Loach. There will be a big space in the tank without her.

As my dad says she has gone to the great fish tank in the sky and will be bossing all the other fish round!

I am glad to have met her. She was an amazing fish reared to her full potential by an amazing person.

*HUGS*
Surprises in small packages
Binabik
Tad Williams

mamaschild

Post by mamaschild » Tue May 11, 2010 12:53 pm

Emma, this is Shari (mamaschild). I used to own Albert, Marge's American counterpart?

I just heard about Marge's passing and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry for your loss :(

She was a celebrity and will be sorely missed by all. I can only imagine that Stripes is strolling around looking for her and that is disheartening as well.

You take care of yourself and the other Clowns will dance for you, I'm sure.

Lot's of love,

Shari

Joe Khul

Post by Joe Khul » Wed May 12, 2010 2:52 pm

Emma,

My wife and I are so sorry to hear about your loss. As has been said before, Marge had a most excellent life and home because of you.
Kuhli Loaches are like Pringles... you can't have just one!

Mary3

Post by Mary3 » Wed May 12, 2010 6:13 pm

Hi Emma, so sorry about Marge. How is the one she was with before coping without her?
I live abroad now and have just come back to UK 2 days ago. I was trying to catch up on another fish forum and found the news of Marge there. She was so big when I saw the 2 of them together in a tank they could barely turn round in with no cover. So pale and lifeless. Yet look how they blossomed with you. We have shared her happiness in your tank through your pictures and words. Mary (Luton)

vicreidel

Post by vicreidel » Tue May 18, 2010 10:23 am

I am so sorry Emma. :cry:
I think Marge, will be for ever the TOP-LOACH.

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Sat May 22, 2010 10:49 pm

sorry to hear that emma. let emma live on through the rest of your awesome loaches!

i lost half my tank a few years ago. it was pretty rough. my alpha died also. but now, the loaches are doing excellent thanks to this board.
All your loaches are belong to me!

Anubisscott

Post by Anubisscott » Mon May 31, 2010 8:25 pm

I know this is late, but my deepest condolances for Marge go out to you Emma. I am more of a C/SA enthusiast but clown loaches are one of the best fish to keep in the hobby and hold their own in cichlid tanks. She truely was an insperation to all clown loach keepers. I have saved your videos uploaded of her and hope some of mine get to be atleast half the fish she was. Best wishes...
Scott