R.I.P. Marge

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:51 pm

Anubisscott wrote:I know this is late, but my deepest condolances for Marge go out to you Emma. I am more of a C/SA enthusiast but clown loaches are one of the best fish to keep in the hobby and hold their own in cichlid tanks.
Scott
http://www.loaches.com/articles/why-loa ... i-cichlids

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Anubisscott

Post by Anubisscott » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:37 pm

Martin Thoene wrote:
Anubisscott wrote:I know this is late, but my deepest condolances for Marge go out to you Emma. I am more of a C/SA enthusiast but clown loaches are one of the best fish to keep in the hobby and hold their own in cichlid tanks.
Scott
http://www.loaches.com/articles/why-loa ... i-cichlids

Martin.
Good point Martin, except I don't keep Africans. C/SA stands for Central/South American. New world cichlid water parameters are the same as CL's. I don't even beleive in mixing Old World(African) and New world(American). :wink:

Back on track, deepest condolences Emma

Laura

Post by Laura » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:45 am

So sorry Emma. I've just logged on after a long hiatus and was saddened by the news. She lived a great life with you and her shoal and was a stunning example of a happy clown.

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Thank you to everyone for the kind words, I really, really appreciate it. If anyone has a Facebook account, I have set up a special page on FB in Marge's memory. It is called "Marge the Clown Loach" if anyone would like to search and join. I have uploaded a few images of her, and will add some more soon.

Shari, of course I remember you and Albert! Stripes is doing ok, doesn't seem to be moping about and there has not been much in the way of challenging for the Alpha position as yet.

One thing's for sure, the tank just isn't the same without Marge. Mary, I will be forever grateful for your tip-off all those years ago that lead me to find Marge & Stripes hiding away in that shop, and having the chance to give them a home here.

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

butterfly01

Post by butterfly01 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:20 pm

Emma I know this is late and don't know how I missed it. thank you for all the years of devotion you have given Marge. Thank you for all the pictures you have shared with the world. I know your heart is broken but know you gave her the best home she could ever have.
carol