Clowns >12"; just a myth or does someone actually ha

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

David R

Clowns >12"; just a myth or does someone actually ha

Post by David R » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:30 am

As the title says, we're all heard the stories, but I'm yet to see any photographic evidence of a clown loach that is over 12". This pic of Marge is about the only pic of a monster clown I've ever seen with a ruler or something showing scale. I have seen a pic of a large loach being held across two hands, but its hard to tell just how big it really is.
Even a shot of a solid 12"er would be nice, Emma I know you said you doubt Marge is the largest ever recorded, but I haven't seen solid proof of anything bigger. Did you take a pic of her with a tape measure when she passed to get a final measurement?

ensign_lee

Post by ensign_lee » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:25 am

Weren't clowns originally food fish? I'm sure hte ones caught in the wild and eaten were probably > 12"

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi David,

Yes, I did get a few final photographs of Marge, some of her against a ruler and some of her in my hands. At the moment I can't even bear to look at them, let alone upload them, so I apologise for not being able to add them here. She was 12" from the end of her nose to the tip of her tail.

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

butterfly01

Post by butterfly01 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:10 pm

I did not know marge had passed! Oh how sad. Emma I'm so sorry.
Carol

Anubisscott

Post by Anubisscott » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:52 pm

David, someone else brought this up on MFK awhile back and we got alot of pictures with refrences. Marge was even thrown up there Emma and I hope we can see those pictures soon when your done grieving. Here is the thread with plenty of refrences. Enjoy

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forum ... p?t=331433