How about this dimmable LED down light?

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

MaryG

How about this dimmable LED down light?

Post by MaryG » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:31 pm

Hi, I’m new here and looking for some dimmable LED down lights for inside application ,just found one from LEDs Magazine http://www.ledsmagazine.com/press/21422

Could you give me some suggestion about this item? I would appreciate any ideas or feedback.

The features is as following:
• 1. Compatible with most traditional ELV dimmers. (It seems I just need replace the traditional lamps with LED down lights and not need to change the dimming system.)
• 2. Special Heat Sink Design,and the external power supply makes the discharge of heat more easily, and ensures the long life of the lights. (How about the external power supply? )
• 3. Drivers listed by CE, UL and CUL. (CE is good.)
• 4. Adjustable Centre-Tilt:20-30 adjustable tilt of Aluminum Centre Tilt Downlight,
• 5. Rectangular Beam Focusing Lens: T8° Optic, 15° Optic, 30° Optic, 45° Optic and 60° Optic could meet different demands. (We need 60°.)

Keith Wolcott

Post by Keith Wolcott » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:50 pm

MaryG- I think that no one has responded since few people have much experience with LEDs yet. I don't have experience with them yet either, but have been watching as the technology develops. The one that you are looking at looks like it could work quite well so you might just have to try it. If you do try it or any others, please report back here and let us know how it performs so that we can learn from you. Thank you.