Considering finding a home for 7 clown loaches

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

djoneser

Considering finding a home for 7 clown loaches

Post by djoneser » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:27 pm

I am starting to lose some interest in the hobby, and may need to get rid of 7 fairly large clown loaches. The largest is nearly 7 inches, with the smellest being 3-4 inches. They have been together for nearly 2 years, but the bio load is getting too heavy and I'm reluctantly being forced to consider rehoming them.

Not interested in mailing fish, looking for a someone with a love for the loaches that has an appropriately sized home for them also. If you are in the Northern CA area, and interested please let me know.

Link for a short video http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh55 ... 009003.flv

glenna

Post by glenna » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:13 pm

You have a very nice collection of fish, and an apparent command of the hobby ( at least from the views of your fish....a little stark environ, but the fish look healthy enough)

why do you think you are losing interest? is it boredom, or a tragedy, or something else?
I am all the way across the country in North Carolina, so am not "around" to help with the fish relocation. Still, very nice fish and it makes me sad. These fish are at home, wherever the are. Would like to help, but do not know how.
Any thoughts, or ideas about what can be done, or more importantly, what you have in mind to help solve your problem, would be helpful.
glenna

bigpow

Post by bigpow » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:56 pm

I'm also in NorCal, where are you located?
I'm sure there are plenty of people here who would love to re-home them.

djoneser

Post by djoneser » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:19 pm

I'm in Sacramento, CA. And while I do really like my clowns, Im starting to see some issues with water quality as everything matures, and just don't have room for another tank (have a 75g and 100g - had been looking to replace the 75 with a 125), so am left with having to choose between my oscar, EBJD's and the clowns.

I was hoping to find someone that has a large tank (250g+) with some clowns already that mine could join with, I'm more concerned that they go to a good environment than with money or anything like that. If I don't find someone in the area that has an appropriate tank/home for them, I was considering getting them to Capitol Aquarium downtown, and seeing if they would let them live in that 1000gal tank they have for display.

If you are in the Northern CA area and both have the appropriate environment and desire for some healthy clowns, please send me a PM on the board here.

I'll see if I cant remember to take some current pics of them and add that to the post.