loaches with a clown knife?

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

sh79

loaches with a clown knife?

Post by sh79 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:28 pm

i have a peace full clown knife in a 90 gallon grow out. if i grow out some clown loaches and yoyo loaches will there be any problems in a 210gallon tank ? the stock i want would be 6 clown loaches, 6+ yoyo loaches and the one clown knife?
SKOL VIKINGS!!!!

Diana

Post by Diana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:29 pm

If these fish are pretty much the same size, then there should not be any problems for a while.
Remember that the Knife gets REALLY BIG, and will ultimately need a much larger tank.
Clown Loaches also will need something over 90 gallons.
Yoyos will be fine in a 90, and there will be room for other fish that get to about the same size as the Yoyos.
38 tanks, 2 ponds over 4000 liters of water to keep clean and fresh.

Happy fish keeping!

sh79

Post by sh79 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:56 pm

yes i am aware of the size a clown knife will get. the tank they will end up in will be a 210 gallon.
SKOL VIKINGS!!!!

palaeodave

Post by palaeodave » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:15 am

Loaches in general (and yoyos in particular) can be kind of boisterous. My only worry is that they might irritate the knife and it would retaliate. I've no experience of them though so if you don't think it's likely to do that then I don't see a problem.
"Science is a lot like sex. Sometimes something useful comes of it, but that’s not the reason we’re doing it" ー R Feynman