Shutting down the loach tank

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

raecarrow

Shutting down the loach tank

Post by raecarrow » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:13 am

Today is a sad day :( I have made the painful and upsetting decision to shut down my loach tank and find new homes for my fishes.

I recently went away on vacation only to return to find that the heater in my tank went on the fritz and 3 of my four Kubotai were dead. The heater some how broke and over heated the tank. It felt like bath water it was that hot. 1 Kub survived as well as my bushy nosed Plec, my 1 Striata, and my 4 Yoyos. This tragedy has made me realize that I no longer have the time and energy to properly care for these guys.

I have found a home for my Kub, Striata and bushy nose pleco but I don't have one for my 4 yoyos.

Is there anyone close enough to Gaithersburg, MD area to take them? I would be willing to drive about an hour or a little more to bring them to you if neccessary. If I don't find a home for them I will need to see if my LFS will be willing to take them.
Rae

palaeodave

Post by palaeodave » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:38 pm

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Good luck with re-homing them.
"Science is a lot like sex. Sometimes something useful comes of it, but that’s not the reason we’re doing it" ー R Feynman

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:59 pm

You might check with the Potomac Valley Aquarium Society to see if anyone is interested.
http://pvas.com/

Good luck!!