Pale Golden Weather Loach - Advice???

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

ahmandi2

Pale Golden Weather Loach - Advice???

Post by ahmandi2 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:13 pm

I may be over-protective, but I've noticed that our Golden loach has become pale, her head area is still the strong yellow color, but her body is MOSTLY paler, a few spots of the gold still showing...
She' is acting just as fine as always, she's a tough ol' bird, but I was wondering if this is something to alarm about.
I know our remaining fish pretty well, and she definitely looks different; her behavior is unchanged, though.
Is this something people have heard of? She recently lost her "mate", perhaps it's related to that...we got two new ones but they've not bonded at all yet. I hope they do....
Anyway. Pale dojos'...anyone?
"I'm not *THAT* kind of hunter"

sorce

Post by sorce » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:03 am

I have a golden dojo myself. Really pale also. I have a regular dojo too, about twice the size. I notice the golden gets a little red spot on it's side every month or so. A t first I thought it got stabbed by one of my little clowns. But it went away and came back.

Overall I think we underestimate the color changing abilities of loaches.
Since I've had more than 4 clowns, their color displays have dramatically enhanced. Now they get white spots, black spots, Their dorsal fins go opaque. I don't think they are ever the same "color". It seems the've had to up the ante since there are more now.
Genetically engineered "glowing fish" disgust me.

ahmandi2

Pale Loaches

Post by ahmandi2 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:37 pm

Thanks for the advice. I will let them be then, they are otherwise healthy and happy, I think :).
"I'm not *THAT* kind of hunter"