Other Fish Forums

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

ahmandi2

Other Fish Forums

Post by ahmandi2 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:15 pm

Wow I went looking online for other fish forums...I am so disappointed lol...not one is even close to Loaches, in knowledge, in friendliness, in maturity...
All I saw were responses to posts such as "Hey I TOLD you that 4 threads ago.." or "What, exactly, makes you think you could ever breed Betta?" and my favorite..."Don't ask stupid questions" ....on the BEGINNERS FORUM.
Wow. I'm just soo glad I lucked out somehow, and got y'all.
Loaches Online FTW!
"I'm not *THAT* kind of hunter"

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:45 pm

I felt the same way when I found Loaches. :) Thank goodness there's a nice forum with people patient enough to answer my millions of questions.

I also like Planet Catfish. They are nice and friendly. And Fish Geeks.

I don't usually visit other forums, because I find loaches answers almost all my questions. :)

Crissyloach

Post by Crissyloach » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:45 am

There are a couple of other good ones that I know about. There are still some posts that do not help- even here. I definately think that most of us here mean to help, get help, and share personal experience.
Last edited by Crissyloach on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bully

Post by Bully » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:24 am

There are definitely other very friendly fish forums out there, the two I have in mind are perhaps even more friendly than loaches.com! There's no denying the loach-specific knowledge that's available here surpasses all other forums though :)

ahmandi2

New Forums to try out`

Post by ahmandi2 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:41 pm

I'm going to try out a couple of these that y'all mention. I love the name fish geeks lol....
And mostly I do not have any need of other sites, rarely is a question not answered on here :)

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:23 pm

I think we are lucky here. I have been to other forums, not necessarily fish forums, where there are some very angry people who seem to just like to criticize and ridicule the opinions and even character, of other posters.
We do get some posters who tend to stray a bit into that area, but most who post on this site, are friendly helpful people. :D

zenins

Post by zenins » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:03 pm

On my home aquarium club forum, we have several moderators that will warn trouble makers to behave better.
If they continue to misbehave, they get banned for a while ( a couple of weeks or 30 days ? )
When, and if, they return, if they continue to misbehave they get a permanent ban.
It is all in the Terms of Service agreement with the forum when you sign up for an account.

Does anyone actually read those before clicking OK ? :shock:

Our forum is quite welcoming and "family friendly", many eventually join our aquarium club as well.

The secret is to have many active and patient moderators who really love being in the hobby :)

Our home website is http://www.kwas.ca and our forum is http://www.kwas.ca/forum
Zenin

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:00 pm

That is a super nice website and forum. I am going to forward it to my own club and forum.

50 years! Wow! That is excellent for a club.

zenins

Post by zenins » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:16 pm

starsplitter7 wrote:That is a super nice website and forum. I am going to forward it to my own club and forum.

50 years! Wow! That is excellent for a club.
Thanks !

What is your home club forum ?

Since the club started in 1960, last year was our 50th anniversary,
we are now in our 51st year of serving hobbyists :)
Zenin

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:04 am

I just joined the Tampa Bay Aquarium Society. http://tbas1.com/

I am proofing the newsletter and the website right now. I hope to be done soon.

zenins

Post by zenins » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:37 pm

starsplitter7 wrote:I just joined the Tampa Bay Aquarium Society. http://tbas1.com/

I am proofing the newsletter and the website right now. I hope to be done soon.
Very Nice :)

Maybe we should be exchanging newsletters, I will send a pm shortly ...
Zenin

Crissyloach

Post by Crissyloach » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:37 am

I am a member on another forum. I have written a DIY project. People are saying "tried this before. Looks like a piece of junk." or "why not just buy it?" It is awful. The project saves money, and I figured some would like this idea. Boy was I wrong. Why do I even bother if I expect rude comments like this?

I think that if we added a Do it yourself forum, some of us would apprecieate it. Save some of us money, and most of us would find an easy way to hide it if it does look a bit odd. The point is it works.

ahmandi2

DIY

Post by ahmandi2 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:59 pm

Hi Chrissy!
What about making a post in the "non fishy forum" here..? I sure would like to see any projects that might be cool/financially helpful! And I KNOW that the people on LoL are some smart cookies, so you'll all probably have some great projects...

zenins

Post by zenins » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Crissyloach wrote:I am a member on another forum. I have written a DIY project. People are saying "tried this before. Looks like a piece of junk." or "why not just buy it?" It is awful. The project saves money, and I figured some would like this idea. Boy was I wrong. Why do I even bother if I expect rude comments like this?
Making your own accessories or filters or CO2 bubbler or what ever, is part of the hobby. It is something you do instead of watching some lowest common denominator program on TV. :lol:

I have found lots of parts or alternate uses for stuff from the Dollar store or hardware store or where ever. It is just a fun aspect of the fish keeping hobby :)

Go for it, post it here too :wink:
Zenin

ahmandi2

coke bottle filters?

Post by ahmandi2 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:14 pm

Hi I've seen some of those big plastic bottle heaters in some fish stores; I thought that was a pretty cool thing. I'd love to learn how :)