DIY project!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

ahmandi2

DIY project!

Post by ahmandi2 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:38 pm

Ok, I need something long to pick up small snails at the bottom of my tank. It's a deep tank. The snails are (biggest) the size of my pinky finger nail. They're mostly smaller than that. If I coudl get some kind of long handled scoop, that would be great, or one of those syringes that do not have needles, only, a REALLLLLLLY long one lol....or a turkey baster that has great suction.
Any advice? I need to grab those snails, the danios LOVE to eat them if I crush them up a bit first.
Thank you!
"I'm not *THAT* kind of hunter"

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:51 pm

I am needing the same thing, but only to pick up empty snail shells. I was thinking of building a turkey baster type thing.

or I could just buy one that I saw awhile ago at http://snailsucker.com/

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:27 pm

I use a tube from a broken vacuum. It is big enough for MTS to travel through, pond snails, and small rams. I also use to grab BN fry, because they are fast and stuck to the glass.

I start the syphon like I do with any tube, and I just suck whatever I need to pick up and into a bucket.

ahmandi2

Snail Sucker

Post by ahmandi2 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:28 pm

That's awesome lol. I might have to get that for christmas :)
Alternatively, I am sure we have plenty of tube like things around, to use like a vacuum for the snails..\
"I'm not *THAT* kind of hunter"