Kubotai and almorhae

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

thepatient8306

Kubotai and almorhae

Post by thepatient8306 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:52 pm

I recently purchased 4 yoyo loaches at the lfs. I already own 5 polka-dot loaches. I was hesitant to introduce them together at first but after reading things online i thought it would be fine. I've noticed now all the yoyo's and polka-dot loaches seem to like to school together.. one big group.. is this common? I thought they would have separate groups and keep to their own. But they seem happy in one huge family.

Also, one of the yoyo's i got has a piece of his fin missing. Would this grow back if i added some Melafix?

starsplitter7

Re: Kubotai and almorhae

Post by starsplitter7 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:31 pm

I find that all my loaches school together. I have clowns, Yoyos, histrionica, tiger, dario, striata. . . and they all hang out together. No problems. They are a happy bunch who eat, sleep and play together.

I try to heal fish with clean water before I add any medications. I've noticed most fish fins heal pretty well if there's no major damage and the water is clean.

LoachOrgy

Re: Kubotai and almorhae

Post by LoachOrgy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:14 am

yeah i can't wait till i can have my larger loaches schooling with my new kubotai.

the funniest thing is my striatas and my clowns. the clowns are around 5" plus. all my striatas are about 2". but the alpha is about 4". and he hangs with the big boys. although hes smaller, i have a feeling the alpha striata runs the tank. i see the alpha nipping the clowns in the butt. its so funny.
All your loaches are belong to me!