Trying to identify my new loaches?

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Mgray

Trying to identify my new loaches?

Post by Mgray » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:00 pm

Hello any advice would be good I bought these loaches as thermal loaches which I thought might be thermalis but they don't look like anything I can find other than nemachelius platiceps sorry if I Spelt this wrong. Could this be? Any ideas yourself the most distinctive thing about them is a red nose 6 whiskers around the mouth which are long. A black line extending around head to underneath both eyes and a black spot at the base of the dorsal fin. Ther look like a checker board pattern but it has joined up a bit as they get bigger also they change colour at will from really pale to very dark someone within 5 mins? Really interesting but odd. http://tropicalfishkeeping.com/
My members name is mgray
Sorry I do not know how else to post a photo on here to show you ? I asked the same question on there too but I uploaded better photos. If you go to tropical fish keeping . Com and look up mgray (me) you can see the photos here. Sorry again but I know this is the right place to ask being so dedicated to loaches.

Thanks in advance michell