Am watching my little male dojo...

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Dojosmama

Am watching my little male dojo...

Post by Dojosmama » Fri May 20, 2011 1:56 pm

The one that had the upside-down scooting behavior awhile ago, then seemed to fully recover from it ... He isn't eating in my presence. He doesn't appear to be wasting away, but isn't getting fatter, either. May be natural, as males have slimmer bodies than females.

I am thinking maybe parasites? I have some Prazi-Pro, and if it's safe for dojos, might consider treating him with it. However, I wouldn't want to subject him to the stress of being netted and placed into another environment unless I could be more sure if it's even necessary.

He doesn't look sick -- his skin is clear and his fins are clear and fully intact. He does have his energetic moments. I'm just concerned because when I feed algae pellets, the other dojos feed on them, but he goes to the opposite corner of the tank and just rests on the substrate, totally ignoring the food.

Something doesn't feel right ... What do you think?

-- Dojosmama

Dojosmama

Re: Am watching my little male dojo...

Post by Dojosmama » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:21 pm

UPDATE: Little Dojo appears to be fine. He went through a finicky spell, along with most of my other fish. I fasted the whole tank for three days in a row, and now everyone is eating voraciously. Good news!

-- Dojosmama

ahmandi2

Re: Am watching my little male dojo...

Post by ahmandi2 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:55 am

That is awesome :). Probably a huge relief to see everyone chowing down the way they should :D
"I'm not *THAT* kind of hunter"