Looking for a home for my clown loach

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

rcgldr

Looking for a home for my clown loach

Post by rcgldr » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:34 am

My wife wanted to get rid of our 55 gallon aquarium years ago via attrition (not replacing any fish), but we have one Clown Loach left that has lived for 15 to 20 years (not sure how old it is). It's not that big at only about 5 inches long. I'm wondering where I could try to find someone in my area (orange county, California, USA), that would be willing to adopt this fish.

One local fish store would take the fish but their aquarium is only 76 degrees farenheight, not quite warm enough. I'll try posting ads for the fish, but don't want it to end up as a feeder fish. I'd be giving the tank, pumps, and filters along with the fish.

EmilyMarie85

Re: Looking for a home for my clown loach

Post by EmilyMarie85 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:29 am

I am in Boise, Idaho, USA - I would be happy to take in your clown, but I bet shipping would be expensive.

You might try posting an add at Monster Fish Keepers. A lot of those members are in California and keep clowns in HUGE tanks.

fain

Re: Looking for a home for my clown loach

Post by fain » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:35 pm

I'm somewhat interested, but I'm in central CA. A bit far from Orange County. :?
How far would you be interested in dealing with? Does the 55 come with the stand?