Trying to Re-home Clowns

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Boromark

Trying to Re-home Clowns

Post by Boromark » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:28 am

I have three Clowns, size 3½ to 4½ inches, which I would like to re-home. I live in north-west Birmingham (England!). No money required, just a good home with someone who loves Clowns.

I had been hoping to buy a bigger tank than my current 4 footer, but now this will not happen, and I would like to get them into a more suitable environment which will not stunt them.

I am hoping for someone with at least a 6’ tank and a group of Clowns that mine could join.

I’d be grateful for any help anyone could offer.
Be a Loachaholic - you know it makes sense...

millsn

Re: Trying to Re-home Clowns

Post by millsn » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:34 am

Hi Boromark
I'm in Peterborough with a dry 6ft tank at the mo but I have one little detail to fix before my clowns go in. Unfortunately I don't know when it'll conclude, it's a bit of a running saga.

Not sure how long you can wait but in time I can take about 3 extra clowns (I have 5 now) without troubling the size of the tank. It might take as long as a month to be ready though.

Boromark

Post by Boromark » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:01 am

Hi Millsn,

Thanks for the offer, it sounds like just what they need, but it's a fair way to transport them.

Would it be OK if we give it till after the weekend (say by Monday) to see if anyone a bit more local comes forward? If not I will bring them over when you are ready for them, there is no rush.

Cheers

Mark

millsn

Post by millsn » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:04 am

Let's say, first (appropriate) taker first. If I'm not ready and someone else is, let them take the fish. Seems the best option for all really.

Boromark

Post by Boromark » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:22 am

Yes, that's a better approach. I will ask at my LFS as well - they might know someone capable of offering the guys a good home.

Cheers

Mark

Boromark

Post by Boromark » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:42 am

I'm still hoping for someone in the West Midlands-ish area who might be able to offer a good home for my Clowns ... I'd be very grateful for any help with this.

I'm not sure how far I can safely transport them, and the best way of doing it - for example, in three separate bags, or together in one bag? Any advice on this would be appreciated.

millsn

Post by millsn » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:12 pm

boromark, you have a pm

Boromark

Post by Boromark » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:18 am

Here are some photos of my fish and their tank. It is the three larger clowns I really need to rehome.

Image[/img]

Hope this is useful

Mark

Boromark

Re: Trying to Re-home Clowns - Pictures Added

Post by Boromark » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:24 am

If you click on the pictures there are some more to see...

Mark

millsn

Post by millsn » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:49 pm

They look lovely but I can no longer take them as per my pm. Sorry

Boromark

Post by Boromark » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:46 pm

I am still trying to rehome my Clowns - in particular a 4 and a half inch and two three and a half inch guys - please see pictures and full details further down in this series of posts. We have now reorganised at home, as other family members asked for more space, but it means I really need to take down one of my two 4' (200 litre) tanks which are now both in a very overcrowded room. One tank has the Clowns, with the other having 15 Sids, and I think this size of tank is appropriate for the Sids, so I should keep them. I have asked at local aquatics stores to see if they know anyone who keeps large loaches, but with no luck.

Any help would be very much appreciated, they would be free to someone with a suitable tank if possible in the Midlands area of the UK.

Mark

Boromark

Post by Boromark » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:52 pm

Incidentally, the smaller loaches in the pictures have grown on very nicely, but the bigger guys don't seem to be much bigger at all - I'm concerned they may be getting stunted now.

star

Post by star » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:47 am

Hi I am in Solihull Birmingham, I already have a group of 5 clowns slightly larger than yours, I would happily offer them a home. They are at the moment in a 300l tank with other fish, but I have plans on moving them all to a larger tank that I have, unfortunately my weather loach spawned and the fry are in the larger tank at the moment. I have 11 tanks and they would be VERY well looked after :)

Boromark

Post by Boromark » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi Star,

This sounds like just what I'm looking for.

I live in north Birmingham so there would be no problem in getting them to you, I will fall in with any arrangements you would like to use.

Please check your PM's, and thanks for your response,

Mark

Boromark

Post by Boromark » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:44 am

Hi Star,

I'm not sure if I have succeeded in sending a PM with my phone number, but it's 0121 358 0256, if you phone me we can arrange things in whatever way suits you.

Cheers

Mark