My tank (pictures)

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

bennie

My tank (pictures)

Post by bennie » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:42 am

Hello everyone!

I think about 2 years ago I asked some advice here because I was going to set up a tank. Now the tank has been up and running for I'd say at least 1.5 years and I thought it was time for some pictures!

I've been trying to take some decent (not blurry) pictures but I just don't have the right camera but I'll try to give you an impression anyway.
The tank is 2.4m x 0.85m x 0.75m, it's filtered by three external EHEIM filters and is lighted by normal lights with a sunset/sunrise thingy.
Its most important inhabitants are of course the clowns.
It holds a beautiful school of around 20 clowns. Aside from that there are around 20 botia striata (zebra loaches), a pack of corydoras, a smaller school of siamese algae eaters, a school of marbled hatchetfish, a fair amount of ancistrus (I started out with 4 from my old tank and they started breeding -.-) and finally a school of rainbowfish.

This might sound like a lot but the tank is huge, it still looks empty :-). i got powerheads set up to keep a continuous current and judging by their behaviour, all fish are very happy. I check all relevant water parameters weekly and perform water changes.

The plants on the picture aren't as pretty as they normally are because I just ripped half of them out (a 2-weekly job, to prevent my aquarium becoming a jungle).

I hope you like it!

Ben
https://picasaweb.google.com/1022915082 ... uKQm_iX1AE

millsn

Re: My tank (pictures)

Post by millsn » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:37 am

Looks lovely. Unusual substrate. Where's the background from?

redshark1

Post by redshark1 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:50 pm

Lovely is the word. You have something to be very proud of there. Thanks for sharing the pics.
6 x Clown Loaches all 30 years of age on 01.01.2024, largest 11.5", 2 large females, 4 smaller males, aquarium 6' x 18" x 18" 400 ltr/90 uk gal/110 US gal. approx.

glenna

Post by glenna » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:46 pm

REALLY lovely tank,
Those loaches look very happy, and I like the layout. It is a natural and calming tank.
Is that a "bristle nose something" on the first shot? ...so close I could not ID it, but looks interesting.
glenna

bennie

Post by bennie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:51 am

Hey guys!

Thanks for the comments :).

The background is from my LFS, wouldn't be able to tell you if it's a certain brand or something. It's 5 panels that are glued next to each other. They are made in such a way that a piece overlaps so you can't actually tell where one ends and the next one begins.

On the first shot it's just an ancistrus from really really close by :). It was one of the only sharp shots i achieved so i just wanted to post it :p. The male ancistrus have those really big antlers on their noses. The females have it as well but much smaller, it looks more like a beard with them.

greets,

Ben

zenins

Post by zenins » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 am

Looks great :!:

Thanks for sharing :D
Zenin