question on stocking

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

moonshinetheslacker

question on stocking

Post by moonshinetheslacker » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:46 pm

So I have a 75 gallon tank that I will be setting up soon, and I'm thinking about putting some clowns in there. I've done a bit of research, and have discovered that this may stunt their growth. How stunted will their growth be? To a point that they will be unhealthy, or just a little on the small side? Also, I don't know too much about how much these guys eat, or how messy they are.
Here is what I want to stock. 5 clown loaches, 1 black ghost knife fish, and 6 apistogrammas. Will this be too much for a 75? Keep in mind, in about 1-2 years, I'll have a larger tank (probably 300 gallons) But I still have a cross country move to do in 7-9 months, and don't want to move anything larger then a 75.
I asked this question on another forum that I primarily hang out at, but so far I haven't gotten any decent information. I don't want to be a detriment to the fish, but I also am not afraid of some minor stunting, as long as they are still healthy and happy.

newshound

Re: question on stocking

Post by newshound » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:15 pm

ghost knifes get to be very large quite quickly.
clowns get big slowly and need very clean water
drain your pool!