clown fish hideing

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

jordan

clown fish hideing

Post by jordan » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:33 am

could anyone tell me how to bring my clown loach out there alwas hideing behind my filter there the only fish i have at the momment in the tank i know thay copy othere fish somtimes s maybe wen i get some more out goin fish in the tank thay will come out more its just a shame there hideing when there stunning fish

vealboy

Re: clown fish hideing

Post by vealboy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:31 am

Jordan,
I think you have answered your own question. Clowns do like other Clowns to pal around with, and "dither" fish. My suggestion is to add some compatible smaller fish for the Clowns.

millsn

Post by millsn » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:23 pm

Might be worth looking him over carefully for whitespot too. If he's always around the filter (and has other hiding options) it may be that he has it.

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:23 pm

Clown loaches are very intelligent fish and have many behaviors and emotions that people do. Such as being lonely, scared, tired, grumpy, or sad. A lone loach is probably feeling all these things.

1st thing you need to do is provide some shelter for the loach, like a cave. PVC pipes, Rocks, slate, driftwood, broken flowerpots, coconut shells, bowls, or coffee cups, all work excellent as caves. They really need lots and lots of caves to feel secure. It's natural for them to hide in snug spot or to sleep on their sides.

Water quality and water chemistry issues also need to be avoided. It can take years to learn everything you need to know about keeping a healthy water environment for fish. Disease prevention and a quarantine system is important also.

Clown Loaches can live 20+ years if kept in optimal conditions. So it's pretty much a lifelong commitment if you plan on keeping these great fish.

I suggest that next time you do some research about clown loaches or any other fish before buying them.

jordan

Post by jordan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:37 am

thanks everyoe fr your help im goin to get both of my clown loachs some friends friday and hopethay feel a little more better about comeing out and staying out lol i have loads of hdeng places for them and thay do come out but thay never stay out for long and to the last comment i read up about all my fish before buying so i did know about clown loachs befoe i got them i just wnterd to know if there was sme other way of getting them to come out more before i got some other fish