My Loach Tank

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

raedeon

My Loach Tank

Post by raedeon » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:18 am

Finally got ahold of my mom's good camera so I could take some pictures of my tank.
Neon and Glowlight Tetras, Dalmation Mollies
7 Sids, 5 Histies, 7 Yoyos, 4 Small Clowns (2 died:( ) 6 Kuhlis, possibly 4-5 pangio alternans (Have not seen since June)
My Yoyos are a little odd. 4 came from one tank originally and never swam above the bottom 4 inches, 3(4 until 1 jumped into a pipe!) from the tank on my desk where the Mollies came from were the most social little guys ever. They even imitate the Mollies sometimes and bite my hand. The shy 4 have been coming out a lot more recently. 2 or 3 of them live in the grey pipe that goes under the substrate. My alpha almost never comes out. I have seen him maybe 4 times since I put him in.
21 Sids :o

raedeon

Re: My Loach Tank

Post by raedeon » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:47 pm

Pics above are from my first time using my mom's DSLR. I actually figured out how to properly use it today instead of using auto for everything, so hopefully some of these look a bit better :)

I have had my biggest 3 Yoyos for just over a year now. The Alpha loach doesn't come out much. The piece of conduit pipe that goes under the gravel seems to be where my Alpha and another of the big ones live. There are no male mollies in the aquarium. I have 2 other aquariums filled with mollies that I don't want. When I get a free weekend, I will be taking the males I took out and 2-3 of the females to BigAls for some money.
21 Sids :o

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:21 pm

I see my alphas less frequesntly. Really nice photos. Thanks for sharing.

ClownLoachSharky

Post by ClownLoachSharky » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:39 am

nice tank. happy to see other peoples joy :D
You wouldnt have that problem with a V8