How Fast Do Clowns Grow?

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

bookpage

Re: How Fast Do Clowns Grow?

Post by bookpage » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:56 am

hatran wrote:also could be the genetics of each loach. some loaches living in the same conditions will still end up growing to different sizes.
Sort of like people. What?
240 - Clowns(15), Polka-Dot(6), Sids(57), Zebra(12), Burmese(5), Red-fin(4), YoYo(5), Sumo(2), Skunk(4), Peckoltia sabaji(1), L144 Black Eye Bristlenose Pleco(3), Odessa Barb(9), Roseline Sharks(6)

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bookpage1

redshark1

Post by redshark1 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:35 pm

Glad you liked my Loaches. I love seeing other people's pictures too.

Luckily it's easier to share information now so we have a better idea of what our Loaches like.

Information was very difficult to come by when I started with mine so I had to go on instinct. As they are living things I've always put them up at the top of my priorities as regards weekly tasks and this must have helped.

Aim to do the best you can. If that means saving up and having to wait for a bigger tank that's the way it has to be. I don't think it will do any damage to your fish.

I feed my fish the following: Dainichi large sinking pellets, Hikari floating Pellets, Frozen Bloodworm, Frozen Prawns, Live earthworms, 30% Spirulina Flake and Tetramin Flake.

But their favourite is size 12 Red Astax Crumb from TA Aquaculture which seems very highly regarded. My Loaches spend hours digging for granules that get hidden in the gravel.
6 x Clown Loaches all 30 years of age on 01.01.2024, largest 11.5", 2 large females, 4 smaller males, aquarium 6' x 18" x 18" 400 ltr/90 uk gal/110 US gal. approx.

loach_mommy2012

Post by loach_mommy2012 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:27 pm

I'll try to post pictures of my fish soon :) They're my pride and joy. Thanks for the other pic your fish. They look very happy and healthy. I hope to feed earthworms to my loaches when they get bigger...they may be a little small for that right now, what do you think? I just wish I didn't feel so evil cutting them to a reasonable size :( I'm too soft lol. I have a feeling they would love them though.
14 baby clowns, 5 baby yoyo's, 3 angels, 1 "regular" pleco and 8 scissor tails.

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:37 pm

I can't cut earthworms either. I feed frozen bloodworms and the loaches don't seem to mind. :)