Looking for Clowns

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Jaguar

Looking for Clowns

Post by Jaguar » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:38 am

Hi All,

Not been around much due to work.

As I mentioned somewhere in another thread I am looking at doing a study on Clown Loach Behaviour in Aquariums with the long term view of hopefully getting them to breed without the need to use hormones etc. At the moment I have 10 x 3" - 5" Clowns but I am looking for another 10. The problem is all the shops around where I am have a few for sale, but at ridiculously stupid and inflated prices and I refuse to pay.

My question is, a long shot I know, is there anybody here that lives in Wales or Wales/England Borders who has some largeish Clown Loaches for Sale? If the price is right I am willing to travel to collect or if possible even meet half way. The Loaches need to be a minimum of 3" long.

Thank you for reading this and any help would be appreciated.

Paul.
Look after the water, and the fish look after themselves.

Ashleigh

Re: Looking for Clowns

Post by Ashleigh » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:16 am

Neil at Pier Aquatics had a few 6inch at a good price last time I was in. Other than that Aquarist classified had a few in Liverpool that were struggling to sell - dont know if there are still up but worth a look

Ashleigh

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Ok, thanks Ashleigh, I will give them a try. Thanks for the help.

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:37 pm

I have had a response from Pier Aquatics, but if anybody has any going I would still be interested.

I am trying to sell off my South and Central American Cichlids so that I can open up a couple of more tanks for Loaches.