clown loaches and peacock eel

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

memfish

clown loaches and peacock eel

Post by memfish » Thu May 03, 2012 8:41 pm

hey everybody i have a 75 gallon with 5 rams 3 clown loaches and 2 dojo loaches. the peacock eel leaves everybody alone except the clown loaches, alot of the time he swims next to them and costantly has his nose on them, ive never seen him bite them he just constantly has his nose on them. is this a problem or are they just friends?

zenins

Re: clown loaches and peacock eel

Post by zenins » Thu May 03, 2012 11:11 pm

I think they are friends :)

If the clown loach did not like it, I am sure he would lance the eel with the blade under his eye :wink:
Zenin

memfish

Post by memfish » Thu May 03, 2012 11:14 pm

haha i never thought of that, i guess the funny guess are tougher than i thought when they want to be

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Sat May 05, 2012 2:26 pm

I have had peacock eels with clowns for a long time. I would actually add to the number of eels and clowns. (Dojos too, but they prefer a cooler tank). I would worry more about the eel than the loach. The clowns can take care of themselves. They do seem to have a friendship, and I have several fish that have cross species friendships.

memfish

Post by memfish » Wed May 09, 2012 9:46 am

well im pretty sure that they are friends now. last night i was sitting and watching them with the night light on and noticed that one of my clowns and the eel were in the corner doing the loach dance together! it was one of the funniest things i have seen in a while.

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Wed May 09, 2012 12:49 pm

I love multi species loach dancing. :)