FINALLY a cheni!!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Jim Powers

FINALLY a cheni!!

Post by Jim Powers » Sun May 27, 2012 11:08 am

I recently visited friends in Knoxville, Tennessee and stopped by a local fish store called The Aquarium. My friends were looking for some fish to add to their tank and I was looking for loaches (of course). In a tank with Sewellia lineolata I noticed a smaller more elongated hillstream. When I finally got a good look I identified it as a Pseudogastromyzon cheni/myersi. It appears to be a young male and it made the trip home with me. At one time, I had this species spawning like crazy and had more young than I knew what to do with. Now, those are all gone and I have not seen this species in years. Now if I could only find more. In a side note, the same store had a shipment of White cheeked gobies. They told me their had been another species in that shipment that from the discription, was probably Liniparhomaloptera disparis. Unfortunately the fish was either sold or died. That's another species that I once had spawning regularly, but have not seen in years.

bookpage

Re: FINALLY a cheni!!

Post by bookpage » Sun May 27, 2012 4:49 pm

Good luck finding more cheni. Really like the red edge on the dorsal.
240 - Clowns(15), Polka-Dot(6), Sids(57), Zebra(12), Burmese(5), Red-fin(4), YoYo(5), Sumo(2), Skunk(4), Peckoltia sabaji(1), L144 Black Eye Bristlenose Pleco(3), Odessa Barb(9), Roseline Sharks(6)

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bookpage1

LES..

Re: FINALLY a cheni!!

Post by LES.. » Wed May 30, 2012 9:37 am

Congratulations Jim, I have been searching for new Cheni in the UK for months now with no luck.

Our last remaining Cheni died a few months back, the tank is just not the same without her. Considering how many we had at one point it seems shocking to realise they have all gone, such entertaining fish. I hope your new addition does well.