Help me Design My Mayan Temple Loach Tank Concept

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

LoachOrgy

Help me Design My Mayan Temple Loach Tank Concept

Post by LoachOrgy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:18 pm

My mom makes these really cool pottery tank ornaments and they look really good in her tank. I use autocad in my profession so I actually designed a whole tank setup looking like Ancient Mayan ruins about 6 months ago. Now I believe I am going to change the design a little for more space and center the piece. The initial design is placed along the back wall with ramps going up to the center of the pyramid. This will incorporate pvc pipes on the sides of the pyramid so it will also serve as a house. Everything is drawn to scale.

Please give me feedback and any suggestions. I want to center it in the tank but not have many sharp edges. I like the idea of ramps that the fish could swim up. It may be far stretched now but I am going to change it.

So here are pictures of the tank ornaments that my mom has in some of her tanks.

I like this one the most, where the sand fills in the area and it creates sort of a shelf that the loaches lounge on. This pyramid will incorporate sand filled into it. So the pvc pipes will be buried. I may even place a few plants at the top in the sand directly next to the columns. This is all up in the air now but thats the general idea right now.

So the side would be angled with pvc pipe cutouts. And the sand would be filled like this. But there would be a ramp up on the side with a columnar house on top.

This is an interesting one

The idea is to make this look like a Mayan Temple. I looked at images of many temples and I am trying to design the structures to be loach friendly. Any help or criticism is welcomed.

Here is the initial concept for the tank ornaments.

Last edited by LoachOrgy on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All your loaches are belong to me!

LoachOrgy

Re: Help me Design My Mayan Temple Loach Tank Concept

Post by LoachOrgy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:25 pm

If you have trouble viewing the images hold control down and use the mouse center scroll button and it resizes the website manually to make it bigger or smaller.

My one concern on the top temple attachment is the placement of the back columns in the path of the ramp. That may cause some wrecks so I will redesign that.

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:38 pm

Very neat!

I really like the retaining wall also. You could build them several levels high. Just excellent ideas.

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:55 pm

Yeah I think I will go higher and try to redesign and center the idea. Also I was thinking of letting the ramps have a space under them so the loaches could lounge underneath.

Been messing around again.

The plan view hasn't been updated trying to figure out how to incorporate the 2nd level with a 5" clearance around the entire structure.