One move later and a tank update

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

One move later and a tank update

Post by 021414 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi Everyone,

I moved about two months ago and that of course meant taking my 20 US gallon high tank with me. This was somewhat of a difficult task because my stock is as follows:

5 Pangio oblongas
1 Pangio kuhli
5 Puntius tetrazonas
2 Gyrinocheilus aymonieri (I know I know they are not good fish to have, I've tried to re-home them without much success and the fish store I got them from wont take them back)

Anyway, I bought two 5 gallon soft plastic water jugs meant for camping and filled those with aquarium water. I bagged all my fish based on species and all my plants with other aquarium water. I completely emptied the tank and made the move. I set up the tank at my new place and put the 10 gallons of water back into the tank, got the filter (AquaClear 50) working. I did a super water change with 10 gallons of new water and put the fish and plants in. Its been about a month and my tank is doing well. All my fish are alive and doing well. My tiger barbs have gotten bigger and don't seem to be trying to kill each other anymore since I removed the background I had on the tank. Maybe not having the background is making them feel like they are in a much bigger tank. Also, I converted my tank to all live plants since I had been meaning to do that. I'm much happier with live plants. I seem to be able to grow my aquatic plants better than my potted house plants.

Here's a picture of my new setup.

temporary 20g high - 1x Pangio kuhlii, 5x Pangio oblongas, and 6x Puntius tetrazonas

bookpage

Re: One move later and a tank update

Post by bookpage » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:26 am

Very nice, I like it. Did a good job in moving tank and fish.
240 - Clowns(15), Polka-Dot(6), Sids(57), Zebra(12), Burmese(5), Red-fin(4), YoYo(5), Sumo(2), Skunk(4), Peckoltia sabaji(1), L144 Black Eye Bristlenose Pleco(3), Odessa Barb(9), Roseline Sharks(6)

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bookpage1

Re: One move later and a tank update

Post by 021414 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:03 pm

Thanks! It was very stressful because I was worried about the fish. But thankfully everything went well.
temporary 20g high - 1x Pangio kuhlii, 5x Pangio oblongas, and 6x Puntius tetrazonas