My new Hillstream Tank

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

starsplitter7

Re: My new Hillstream Tank

Post by starsplitter7 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:12 pm

Beautiful tank. lovely assortment of fish and a thank you from my fish. They love the food. :) My moth catfish come out from hiding when the gel hits the water. :)

bookpage

Post by bookpage » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:01 pm

starsplitter7 wrote:They love the food. :) My moth catfish come out from hiding when the gel hits the water. :)
What kind of food is it and where do you buy it?
240 - Clowns(15), Polka-Dot(6), Sids(57), Zebra(12), Burmese(5), Red-fin(4), YoYo(5), Sumo(2), Skunk(4), Peckoltia sabaji(1), L144 Black Eye Bristlenose Pleco(3), Odessa Barb(9), Roseline Sharks(6)

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bookpage1

Allen Repashy

Post by Allen Repashy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:12 pm

I built the intake and exhaust manifolds this afternoon... at least the first versions :wink:

The intake manifold is made of 1" ID pipe and will go behind the full width Poret filter foam pad. This design should prevent collapse of the 4" thick foam block under high flow conditions if it starts to plug

The holes are drilled in the sides so that the foam will never cover the holes directly.

There are also holes drilled in the front of the manifold where the foam will pinch the end of the tank. (will show detailed photo's later)

The Exhaust manifold is made from 1" pipe connected to three individual adjustable outflow tubes that are each 3/3" ID diameter.

The bottom one is the longest one and the other two are about 2" shorter so that the flow will match the angle of the stacked rocks.

This image shows the approximate orientation of the exhaust manifold that will go inside the tanks behind the rocks.

The forums are cropping the photo's so if you want to see the whole thing, you will have to right click and select "view image" in your browser :(

Back to work!

Allen Repashy

Post by Allen Repashy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:40 pm

Here is a video of the River Tank with the pump installed. Flow is 10,000 lph (2600gph) from left to right using the manifolds in combination with a porosity 100 Poret Mattenfilter from Swiss Tropicals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfqwKy2 ... ature=plcp

Cheers, Allen

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:24 pm

Very nice!!!