Kuhli Loach babies again!!!!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

missy1017

Kuhli Loach babies again!!!!

Post by missy1017 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:43 pm

:D Found out we have Kuhli loach babies again. This is the third time we've had babies. This time we've seen 2 for sure, about half the size of parents. Pretty cool!!

Lil'Gills

Re: Kuhli Loach babies again!!!!

Post by Lil'Gills » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:47 pm

Congratulations on the little ones!!! How wonderful that they're happy and breeding! I've got babies (bought them tiny, not born in-tank) for the first time, and I must say - tiny Kuhli are stinkin' ADORABLE little things!!! :D :D :D Got any pictures of the newest arrivals?

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:43 am

COngrats on your Kuhlie babies. You must have a well maintained tank. Lucky fish. :)

Joe Khul

Post by Joe Khul » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:09 pm

Soooooo jealous! :shock: Congratulations! I am sure you have posted a response to this question, but since I have been lost to the web for over a year and have only made it back today, I have to ask; What are your set up parameters? My sole wish with this hobby is to get kuhli loach offspring, so any and all advice is appreciated! :mrgreen:
Kuhli Loaches are like Pringles... you can't have just one!

missy1017

Post by missy1017 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:28 am

I took some pictures but they don't really show their size. Honestly I have no idea how we are having them. The water is changed maybe once a month. I thought it was because of a decoration we had they would have their babies under the house (decoration). Now the house is out and I think they had them in a log. So I'm sorry I'm not really sure how or why we are having babies.Its a 55 gallon aquarium and we have other fish in it. This is the third time we have had babies with a total of 7 babies born. The first time we found them I had lifted the house to show a relative a fish, when I lifted it I had seen them. They looked like swimming fish poop, they are that tiny.

Joe Khul

Post by Joe Khul » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:39 am

It's ok. Very happy for you! :mrgreen:
Kuhli Loaches are like Pringles... you can't have just one!