Loach's are best freshwater fish

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

davo

Loach's are best freshwater fish

Post by davo » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:24 pm

I have a great love for loach's-I am new to a lot of the not as common loachs-I have a bunch of new ones on the way-cant wait-I suggest to all loach owners to try to have 3 or more of the playful kind-I had some skunk loachs that didn't play well with others, and I seen some don't like others of their kind-so read all you can about them before buying-(I suppose this is not new news for others on this forum)-anyway I have 2 rather large clowns that sleep between 2 rocks stacked on their sides-one of the coolest things I saw from my loachs-scared me at first- too cool though-I have a couple more on the way to join the other 2-glad to be a part of this forum. I could not believe all the cool looking loachs-I wish I could have them all-NOTE: I have a 13 inch Pleco looking for a new home-too big for my 55 gal tank-I am in WI

DainBramage1991

Re: Loach's are best freshwater fish

Post by DainBramage1991 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:46 pm

I agree, loaches are great. :D I've been a fan since I had a tank full of dojos when I was 14 (back in the dark ages). I was hooked. Now I have 5 different loach species in my tank.

If you can, it would be best to get yourself a larger tank. A 55 is not only too small for your pleco, it is too small for your clown loaches. If space is a limitation, a 90-gallon tank takes up only slightly more space than a 55 (they are deeper and slightly taller, but are the same length), but would be far closer to ideal for your large fish.

If, like most people these days, money is a limitation, sometimes it's possible to find a large used tank on Craig's List for low prices.

davo

Post by davo » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:34 pm

DainBramage1991 wrote:I agree, loaches are great. :D I've been a fan since I had a tank full of dojos when I was 14 (back in the dark ages). I was hooked. Now I have 5 different loach species in my tank.

If you can, it would be best to get yourself a larger tank. A 55 is not only too small for your pleco, it is too small for your clown loaches. If space is a limitation, a 90-gallon tank takes up only slightly more space than a 55 (they are deeper and slightly taller, but are the same length), but would be far closer to ideal for your large fish.

If, like most people these days, money is a limitation, sometimes it's possible to find a large used tank on Craig's List for low prices.

appreciate the info Dain-I have had very good luck with my loachs in my 55 though-I would love a bigger tank for sure, but not possible at this time-plus the wife isn't excited about a bigger tank-LoL-but I am going to get a bigger one asap anyway-hoping to be able to this summer-I may check craigs list though now anyway also!!!

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:01 pm

loaches are the most interactive fun fish. :D
All your loaches are belong to me!