My Favorite Tank w/ Clowns!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Sadielynne

My Favorite Tank w/ Clowns!

Post by Sadielynne » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:59 pm

As I stated in a newbie post, a while back, I have 3 clown loaches in a 45 bow front tank. They are doing fantastic, so far, and this is my favorite tank of the 5 that I am taking care of!! This establishment has soft water and I am wondering if that is OK with these fish. I have understood that most fish do best with soft water, but that was years ago that I heard that!

I don't have any pics, but will try to remember my camera, the next time I go to feed! I am not sure how to download pics, ehre, tho'. I tried one time and didn't get that task accomplished. Is there a section to go to, to learn what to do?

These clowns are a total joy to watch and laugh over!! One (not sure if it is the same one each time!) will take the algae wafer in it's mouth, and take off with it, just like a dog!!!!! The other two will follow, but sometimes they lose him! Sometimes, he will come back for he other disc, too! I usually put in 2 discs because there is a pleco in that tank, too. He comes out, looking for food when the action starts with the clowns!

Also, one kind of goes side ways, pushing the others away from the food! I have never really seen action like this as I have not had several loaches at a time. They are hilarious to watch!! They click when eating and I wonder if that is a "warning" to the others to "stay away from the food - it's mine!"??