Great mix of loaches

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

davo

Great mix of loaches

Post by davo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:20 pm

I am very happy with the mix of 7 types of loaches-they all are interacting very well-the energy and playfulness is way up-I would recommend mixing them when they are "babies" I guess before they know any better! My new little Clowns love my older 2-pretty awesome results!!!

DainBramage1991

Re: Great mix of loaches

Post by DainBramage1991 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:31 pm

What kinds do you have?

davo

Post by davo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:35 am

Clowns, Yoyo, Chain, Batik, Burmese, Kuhli, Striped, Redtail-8 kinds, chain and yoyos interact like they are the same type of fish, but they all are interacting/playing very well-couldn't be better-the Burmese are real close to the yoyos-just without the Y shape too-the Redtails are a really cool blue body color-the picture I saw didn't give them justice-it was an awesome surprise-(Redtails are also called blue loaches in some places)!!!

boxercrazy156

Post by boxercrazy156 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:30 pm

I have 3 kinds of loaches Clowns, golden zebra and Queen and they get along great

davo

Post by davo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:33 pm

Well I am down to 6-all the young new ones died but one yoyo-most due to how cold it got in shipping, the others I am just not sure-they all died overnight, and after they seemed fine all day that day-maybe they were being bullied by the Zebra-not sure-the ones that are still alive have a decent hiding spot-don't know if that's the reason or not-hoping for it to stop for sure

andrew45

Post by andrew45 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:45 am

Th clown loaches looks very amazing with their vivid orange and white markings. These clown
are very playful and highly sociable. Other types are also better but can't compete the clowns.